Georgios Pardalis is a PhD candidate at the Department of Built Environment & Energy Technology at Linnaeus University in Sweden. He has also been a visiting PhD student at the Technological University of Eindhoven (Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences). He has many years of working experience in subjects related to Quality Control and Assurance, Design Management and Project Management in infrastructure projects. Georgios has been a founding member of International Project Management Association (IPMA) Young Crew Sweden, and currently is a mentor for new members. Moreover, he has actively participated in various projects related to improvement of well-being in Africa and South-East Asia, under the Engineers Without Borders organization.
He holds a Bachelors degree in Building Engineering and Architecture (Greece), and two Masters of Science in International Project Management (Industrial Management & Economics) and Design & Construction Project Management (Civil & Environmental Engineering) from Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden.
The goal of Georgios' research is the development and implementation of a Product-Service-System (under the name One-Stop-Shop) to address the renovation needs of detached and semi-detached houses. His research aims to identify the market opportunities for such a system (having Sweden as country of reference) and examine the characteristics and relationships between the different actors in the renovation market, both from the supply and demand side. Moreover, Georgios' research aims to contribute to the empowerment of collaborations between micro-, small-, and medium-sized enterprizes in the construction industry.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Mainali, B., Mahapatra, K., Pardalis, G. (2021). Strategies for deep renovation market of detached houses. Renewable & sustainable energy reviews. 138.
- Pardalis, G., Mahapatra, K., Mainali, B. (2020). Swedish construction MSEs : simply renovators or renovation service innovators?. Building Research & Information. 48. 67-83.
- Jalilzadehazhari, E., Pardalis, G., Vadiee, A. (2020). Profitability of various energy supply systems in light of their different energy prices and climate conditions. Buildings. 10. 1-17.
- Pardalis, G., Mahapatra, K., Bravo, G., Mainali, B. (2019). Swedish House Owners’ Intentions Towards Renovations : Is there a Market for One-Stop-Shop?. Buildings. 9. 1-16.
- Bravo, G., Pardalis, G., Mahapatra, K., Mainali, B. (2019). Physical vs. Aesthetic Renovations : Learning from Swedish House Owners. Buildings. 9.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Pardalis, G., Mahapatra, K., Mainali, B. (2020). A triple-layered one-stop-shop business model canvas for sustainable house renovations. WSBE 20 - World Sustainable Built Environment : Beyond 2020 2-4 November 2020, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Mainali, B., Pardalis, G., Mahapatra, K. (2019). Criteria based approach for assessment of policy instruments for deep renovation of residential building in the Netherlands. ECEEE Summer Study proceedings : eceee 2019 Summer Study on energy efficiency: Is efficient sufficient?. 599-606.
- Pardalis, G., Mainali, B., Mahapatra, K. (2019). One-stop-shop as an innovation, and construction SMEs : a Swedish perspective. Innovative Solutions for Energy Transitions : Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Applied Energy (ICAE2018). 2737-2743.
- Jalilzadehazhari, E., Pardalis, G., Johansson, J., Johansson, P. (2019). Application of multi-objective optimization for resolving conflicts when selecting windows. The 9th International Conference on Sustainable Development in the Building and Environment（SuDBE2019）& the International Forum of Green and Healthy Buildings..
- Jalilzadehazhari, E., Pardalis, G., Vadiee, A., Mahapatra, K. (2019). Profitability of various energy supply systems when renovating a single-family house in Sweden : case study. International Conference on Applied Energy (ICAE 2019). August 12-15, Västerås, Sweden.
- Pardalis, G., Mahapatra, K., Mainali, B., Jalilzadehazhari, E. (2019). Renovation of detached houses in Sweden : Can one-stop-shop provide a solution?. Presented at: International Conference on Sustainability in Energy and Buildings SEB-19.
- Mahapatra, K., Mainali, B., Pardalis, G. (2018). Homeowners’ attitude towards one-stop-shop business concept for energy renovation of detached houses in Kronoberg, Sweden. Innovative Solutions for Energy Transitions : 10th International Conference on Applied Energy (ICAE2018), 22-25 August 2018, Hong Kong, China. 3702-3708.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Pardalis, G., Mahapatra, K., Mainali, B., Bravo, G. (2021). Future Energy-Related House Renovations in Sweden : One-Stop-Shop as a Shortcut to the Decision-Making Journey. Emerging Research in Sustainable Energy and Buildings for a Low-Carbon Future. Singapore, Springer. 37-52.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Pardalis, G., Mainali, B., Mahapatra, K. (2018). One-stop-shop as an innovation, and preparedness to adopt it : a study on house renovation stakeholders in Sweden. Advanced Building Skins : 1-2 October 2018, Bern, Switzerland. 567-569.
- Mainali, B., Mahapatra, K., Pardalis, G. (2018). Evaluating Existing Market for Deep Energy Renovation in Sweden and Denmark. Advanced Building Skins : C2 Models, Policies and Products for Building Retrofit. 576-580.