My research groups
Mechanical Engineering The research in the field of mechanical engineering is broad and has its main focus in six areas: structural dynamics, material science, industrial economics, terotechnology,…
Smart Industry Group Smart Industry Group (SIG) is an interdisciplinary research group featuring expertise from computer science and mechanical engineering. SIG's focus is making production and…
My ongoing research projects
Project expert competence: Smart Industry, phase 2 The goal of the project is to develop courses at advanced level linked to Smart Industry based on the skills needs of industry. The project's target…
Project: IoT lab for SME 2.0 The aim of this project is to develop a well-established network of companies in the Linnaeus region that can benefit from each other's expertise and products within…
Project: Smart Dat The goal of the project is to offer activities in automation and digitalization for small and medium-sized companies in the manufacturing sector in the Linnaeus region, strengthen…
My completed research projects
Article in journal (Refereed)
Algabroun, H., Bokrantz, J., Al-Najjar, B., Skoogh, A. (2022). Development of digitalised maintenance : a concept. Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering. 28 (2). 367-390.
Algabroun, H. (2020). Dynamic sampling rate algorithm (DSRA) implemented in self-adaptive software architecture : a way to reduce the energy consumption of wireless sensors through event-based sampling. Microsystem Technologies : Micro- and Nanosystems Information Storage and Processing Systems. 26 (4). 1067-1074.
Algabroun, H., Iftikhar, M.U., Al-Najjar, B., Weyns, D. (2018). Maintenance 4.0 Framework using Self : Adaptive Software Architecture. Journal of Maintenance Engineering. 2. 280-293.
Al-Najjar, B., Algabroun, H., Jonsson, M. (2018). Maintenance 4.0 to fulfil the demands of Industry 4.0 and Factory of the Future. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 8 (11). 20-31.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Ziada, O., Schauerte, T., Pocorni, J.K., Algabroun, H., Bolmsjö, G., et al. (2022). Robotic Window Assembly : A Simulation Study and a Proposed Self-Adaptive Software Architecture. Proceedings of the 10th Swedish Production Symposium. 111-121.
- Algabroun, H., Al-Najjar, B., Jonsson, M. (2020). A framework for the integration of digitalised maintenance systems with relevant working areas : A case study. 4th IFAC Workshop on Advanced Maintenance Engineering, Services and Technologies - AMEST 2020. 185-190.
- Algabroun, H., Al-Najjar, B., Ingwald, A. (2019). Assessment of the impact of maintenance integration within a plant using MFD : A case study. Asset Intelligence through Integration and Interoperability and Contemporary Vibration Engineering Technologies : Proceedings of the 12th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management and the 13th International Conference on Vibration Engineering and Technology of Machinery. 61-71.
- Al-Najjar, B., Algabroun, H., Jonsson, M. (2018). Smart maintenance model using cyber physical system. Paper presented at the International Conference on "Role of Industrial Engineering in Industry 4.0 Paradigm" (ICIEIND), Bhubaneswar, India, September 27-30, 2018. 1-6.
- Al-Najjar, B., Algabroun, H. (2018). A Model for Increasing Effectiveness and Profitability of Maintenance Performance : A Case Study. Engineering Asset Management 2016 : Proceedings of the 11th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management. 1-12.
- Algabroun, H., Iftikhar, M.U., Al-Najjar, B., Weyns, D. (2017). Maintenance 4.0 Framework Using Self-Adaptive Software Architecture. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Maintenance Engineering, IncoME-II 2017.The University of Manchester, UK.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Algabroun, H. (2020). On the development of a new digitalised maintenance approach for factories of the future. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 83.
Licentiate thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Algabroun, H. (2017). On the development of a maintenance approach for factory of the future implementing Industry 4.0. Licentiate Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 40.