Hemant GhayvatSenior lecturer
I am a Senior Lecturer. My responsibility is to conduct and support research teaching related to Embedded System Design, IoT, and Deep Learning courses. The research focus is on Health Informatics (Preventive healthcare, Ambient Assisted Living, and AI-based Decision Making ).
I did my graduate degree in Major: Electronics and Communications BIST, Bhopal, University, 2009. After securing my Master's Degree in Microelectronics and VLSI 2011, I joined as a lecturer at Rajiv Gandhi Technical University. I worked from June 2011 to Dec 2013 in Computer Science Department. I taught Embedded System, Digital Signal Processing, and Wireless Communication; moreover, I supervised Bachelor’s and Master’s students in the similar domains I taught on various projects. In Dec 2013, I moved to New Zealand to pursue a Doctoral Degree. My doctoral dissertation was conducted in Smart Home for Ambient Assisted Living under Prof. Subhas Chandra Mukhopadhyay and examined applying a relatively new wireless protocol for smart home monitoring design. During the endeavor of Ph.D. research, I have developed my skills in heterogeneous wearable and non-wearable sensors based on Wireless Network designing for home and big buildings. I have learned the skills of big data handling, developing data mining, and machine learning algorithms to extract decision-making information, followed by using the internet of things (IoT).
Before joining Linnaeus University, I worked at different research and teaching universities. From Oct 2018 to Oct 2020, I worked at Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark, and TUM Munich, as a Marie Curie Fellow. I was a Eurotech Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow at Innovation Dept., Technical University of Denmark, Denmark and Building Realization and Robotics, Architecture Department, Technical University of Munich. My responsibility was to conduct and support research teaching related to Health Computer Interaction. I was investigating and developing the ecosystem for the elderly through Ambient Assisted Living. I have addressed the challenges of digital and audio signal processing of daily living activities, considering the privacy aspects, recognizing the behavioral pattern and anomaly, electronic health record management, and analysis.
1DV701 : Bachelor’s level, Computer Networks - an introduction, 7.5 credits
1DV702: Bachelor’s level, Computer Networks - administration, 7.5 credits
1DT302: Bachelor’s level, Embedded Systems - an introduction, 7.5 credits
2DT304: Bachelor’s level, Project with Embedded System, 7.5 credits
2DV702: Bachelor’s level, Internet Security, 7.5 credits
2DV703: Bachelor’s level, Wireless Security, 7.5 credits
2DT303: Bachelor’s level, Reliability in Embedded System, 7.5 credits
Digital Enhanced Living
Behavioral pattern generation and Anomaly Detection
Image processing for the healthcare
Assistive Technology for wellness
Intelligent Non-Speech Audio Assistance
Neonatal Preventive Healthcare Monitoring
HL7 Version 2, Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) & Fast Health Interoperability Resources (FHIR)
Article in journal (Refereed)
Pandya, S., Ghayvat, H., Reddy, P.K., Gadekallu, T.R., Khan, M.A., et al. (2023). COUNTERSAVIOR : AIoMT and IIoT enabled Adaptive Virus Outbreak Discovery Framework for Healthcare Informatics. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. 10 (4). 4202-4212.
Ahmed, T., Samima, S., Zuhair, M., Ghayvat, H., Khan, M.A., et al. (2023). FIMBISAE : A Multimodal Biometric Secured Data Access Framework for Internet of Medical Things Ecosystem. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. 10 (7). 6259-6270.
Ghayvat, H., Pandya, S., Awais, M., Dev, K. (2023). STRENUOUS : Edge-Line Computing, AI, and IIoT Enabled GPS Spatiotemporal Data-Based Meta-Transmission Healthcare Ecosystem for Virus Outbreaks Discovery. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. 10 (4). 3285-3294.
Cheng, L., Luo, S., Yu, X., Ghayvat, H., Zhang, H., et al. (2023). EEG-CLNet : Collaborative Learning for Simultaneous Measurement of Sleep Stages and OSA Events Based on Single EEG Signal. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. 72.
Akbarzadeh, S., Ghayvat, H., Chen, C., Zhao, X., Hosier, S., et al. (2022). A Simple Fabrication, Low Noise, Capacitive Tactile Sensor for Use in Inexpensive and Smart Healthcare Systems. IEEE Sensors Journal. 22 (9). 9069-9077.
Ghayvat, H., Pandya, S., Bhattacharya, P., Zuhair, M., Rashid, M., et al. (2022). CP-BDHCA : Blockchain-Based Confidentiality-Privacy Preserving Big Data Scheme for Healthcare Clouds and Applications. IEEE journal of biomedical and health informatics. 26 (5). 1937-1948.
Ghayvat, H., Awais, M., Bashir, A.K., Pandya, S., Zuhair, M., et al. (2022). AI-enabled radiologist in the loop : novel AI-based framework to augment radiologist performance for COVID-19 chest CT medical image annotation and classification from pneumonia. Neural Computing & Applications.
Status: Epub ahead of print
Patel, C., Bhatt, D., Sharma, U., Patel, R., Pandya, S., et al. (2022). DBGC : Dimension-Based Generic Convolution Block for Object Recognition. Sensors. 22 (5).
Ghayvat, H., Sharma, M., Gope, P., Sharma, P.K. (2022). SHARIF : Solid Pod-Based Secured Healthcare Information Storage and Exchange Solution in Internet of Things. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. 18 (8). 5609-5618.
Pandya, S., Ghayvat, H. (2021). Ambient acoustic event assistive framework for identification, detection, and recognition of unknown acoustic events of a residence. Advanced Engineering Informatics. 47.
Ghayvat, H., Gope, P. (2021). Smart aging monitoring and early dementia recognition (SAMEDR) : uncovering the hidden wellness parameter for preventive well-being monitoring to categorize cognitive impairment and dementia in community-dwelling elderly subjects through AI. Neural Computing & Applications.
Status: Epub ahead of print
Patel, C.I., Labana, D., Pandya, S., Modi, K., Ghayvat, H., et al. (2020). Histogram of Oriented Gradient-Based Fusion of Features for Human Action Recognition in Action Video Sequences. Sensors. 20 (24).
Article, review/survey (Refereed)
Bhatt, D., Patel, C., Talsania, H., Patel, J., Vaghela, R., et al. (2021). CNN Variants for Computer Vision : History, Architecture, Application, Challenges and Future Scope. Electronics. MDPI. 10 (20).
Selected Publications Lists:
- Ghayvat and S. C. Mukhopadhyay, "Wellness Protocol for Smart Home: An Integrated Framework for Ambient Assisted Living," in Smart Sensor Measurement and Instrumentation Sensing, ed: Springer, 2017
- Ghayvat, H., Awais, M., Gope, P., Pandya, S. and Majumdar, S., 2021. ReCognizing SUspect and PredictiNg ThE SpRead of Contagion Based on Mobile Phone LoCation DaTa (COUNTERACT): A System of identifying COVID-19 infectious and hazardous sites, detecting disease outbreaks based on the internet of things, edge computing, and artificial intelligence. Sustainable Cities and Society, p.102798.
- Pandya, S. and Ghayvat, H., 2021 Ambient acoustic event assistive framework for identification, detection, and recognition of unknown acoustic events of a residence. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 47, p.101238.
- Patel, C.I., Labana, D., Pandya, S., Modi, K., Ghayvat, H. and Awais, M., 2020. Histogram of Oriented Gradient-Based Fusion of Features for Human Action Recognition in Action Video Sequences. Sensors, 20(24), p.7299.
- Pandya, S., Ghayvat, H., Sur, A., Awais, M., Kotecha, K., Saxena, S., Jassal, N. and Pingale, G., 2020. Pollution Weather Prediction System: Smart Outdoor Pollution Monitoring and Prediction for Healthy Breathing and Living. Sensors, 20(18), p.5448.
- Muhammad A, H Ghayvat, A Krishnan Pandarathodiyil, W M N Ghani, A Ramanathan,S Pandya, N Walter, M N Saad, R B Zain and I Faye, 2020 Healthcare Professional in the Loop (HPIL): Classification of Standard and Oral Cancer-Causing Anomalous Regions of Oral Cavity Using Textural Analysis Technique in Autofluorescence Imaging. Sensors, 20(20), p. 5780.
- Ghayvat, H., Awais, M., Pandya, S., Ren, H., Akbarzadeh, S., Chandra Mukhopadhyay, S., Chen, C., Gope, P., Chouhan, A. and Chen, W., 2019. Smart Aging System: Uncovering the Hidden Wellness Parameter for Well-Being Monitoring and Anomaly Detection. Sensors, 2019, 19(4), p.766.
- Ghayvat, H., Mukhopadhyay, S., and Gui, X.: ‘Issues and mitigation of interference, attenuation, and direction of arrival in IEEE 802.15. 4/ZigBee to wireless sensors and networks based smart building’, Measurement, 2016, 86, pp. 209-226.
- Ghayvat, H., Mukhopadhyay, S., Liu, J., and Gui, X.: ‘Wellness Sensors Networks: A Proposal and Implementation for Smart Home to Assisted Living’ IEEE Sensors Journal, 2015, Volume: 15, Issue: 12, pp.7341 – 7348.
- Ghayvat, S. Mukhopadhyay, X. Gui, and N. Suryadevara, "WSN-and IoT-Based Smart Homes and Their Extension to Smart Buildings," Sensors, vol. 15, pp. 10350-10379, 2015.
- Ghayvat, H., Liu, J., Alahi, M., Mukhopadhyay, S., and Gui, X.: ‘Internet of Things for smart homes and buildings: Opportunities and Challenges’, Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy, 2015, 3, (4), pp. 33-47
- Ghayvat, A. Nag, N. Suryadevara, S. Mukhopadhyay, X. Gui, and J. Liu, "SHARING RESEARCH EXPERIENCES OF WSN BASED SMART HOME," International Journal on Smart Sensing & Intelligent Systems, vol. 7, 2014, pp. 1997-2013.
- Khan, M., Din, S., Jabbar, S., Gohar, M., Ghayvat, H., and Mukhopadhyay, S.C., 2016. Context-aware low power intelligent Smart Home based on the Internet of things. Computers & Electrical Engineering, 52, pp.208-222.
- Pirbhulal, S., Zhang, H., E Alahi, M.E., Ghayvat, H., Mukhopadhyay, S.C., Zhang, Y.T., and Wu, W., 2016. A Novel Secure IoT-Based Smart Home Automation System Using a Wireless Sensor Network. Sensors, 2017, 17(1), p.69.
- Ren, Haoran, Hailong Jin, Chen Chen, Ghayvat, H., and Wei Chen. "A Novel Cardiac Auscultation Monitoring System Based on Wireless Sensing for Healthcare." IEEE journal of translational engineering in health and medicine 6 (2018): 1-12.
- Pandya, S., Ghayvat, H., Kotecha, K., Awais, M., Akbarzadeh, S., Gope, P., Mukhopadhyay, S. and Chen, W., 2018. Smart Home Anti-Theft System: A Novel Approach for Near Real-Time Monitoring and Smart Home Security for Wellness Protocol. Applied System Innovation, 1(4), 2018, p.42.
- Bakar, H. Ghayvat, F. Hasan, and S. Mukhopadhyay, "Activity and anomaly detection in smart home: A survey," in Next Generation Sensors and Systems, ed: Springer, 2016, pp. 191-220.
- Ghayvat, S. C. Mukhopadhyay, and X. Gui, "Sensing Technologies for Intelligent Environments: A Review," in Intelligent Environmental Sensing, ed: Springer, 2015, pp. 1-31.
- Ghayvat, H., Pandya, S. and Patel, A., 2020, February. Deep Learning Model for Acoustics Signal Based Preventive Healthcare Monitoring and Activity of Daily Living. In 2nd International Conference on Data, Engineering and Applications (IDEA) (pp. 1-7). IEEE.
- Ghayvat, S. Mukhopadhyay, X. Gui, and J. Liu "Enhancement of WSN Based Smart Home to a Smart Building for Assisted Living: Design Issues," in Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT), 2015 Fifth International Conference on, Gwalior India, 4-6 April 2015, pp. 219-224.
- Ghayvat, H., Bandil, S. C. Mukhopadhyay, and R. Gupta. "A 2.4 Ghz CMOS gilbert mixer in 180nm technology." In Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT), 2015 Fifth International Conference on, pp. 781-785. IEEE, 2015.
- Liu H. Ghayvat, and S. Mukhopadhyay, "Introducing Intel Galileo as a development platform of smart sensor: Evolution, opportunities and challenges," in Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA), 2015 IEEE 10th Conference on, Auckland NZ, 15-17 June 2015, pp. 1797 - 1802.
- Ghayvat, S. Mukhopadhyay, and X. Gui, " Addressing Interference issues in a WSN based smart home for ambient assisted living," in Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA), 2015 IEEE 10th Conference on, Auckland NZ, 15-17 June 2015, pp. 1661 - 1666.
- E. E Alahi, S. C. Mukhopadhyay, H. Ghayvat, R. Wang, L. Jie, " Comparative Studies of Embedded Platform For IoT Based Implementation," in International Conference on Sensing Technology (ICST), 2015 IEEE 9th Conference on, Auckland NZ, 8-10 Dec 2015. pp. 748-752.
- Ghayvat, Liu.Jie, A.Babu, M.E.Alahi, U.A.B.U.A.Bakar, S.C.Mukhopadhyay and X.Gui, " Simulation and Evaluation of ZigBee-based Smart Home using Qualnet Simulator," in International Conference on Sensing Technology (ICST), 2015 IEEE 9th Conference on, Auckland NZ, 8-10 Dec 2015. pp. 579-585.
- Sadia Din, Hemant Ghayvat, Anand Paul, Awais Ahmad, M. Mazhar Rathore, Imran Shafi, " An Architecture to Analyze Big data in the Internet of Things," in International Conference on Sensing Technology (ICST), 2015 IEEE 9th Conference on, Auckland NZ, 8-10 Dec 2015. pp. 677-682.
- David Morton, Ghayvat,S. C. Mukhopadhyay, Steve Green. “Sensors and Instrumentation to Measure sap Flow in Small Stem Plants”. Proceeding of the IEEE: International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I²MTC) 2016, Taipei, Taiwan, 23-26 May 2016. pp. 1088- 1093.
- Babu, K.Dube, S.Mukhopadhyay, H.Ghayvat, & Kumar, J. (2016, March). Accelerometer based human activities and posture recognition. In Data Mining and Advanced Computing (SAPIENCE), International Conference on (pp. 367-373). IEEE.
- Pandya, S., Shah, J., Joshi, N., Ghayvat, H., Mukhopadhyay, S.C. and Yap, M.H., 2016, November. A novel hybrid based recommendation system based on clustering and association mining. In Sensing Technology (ICST), 2016 10th International Conference on (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Ghayvat, H., Chen, P. Gope, and A. Ghayvat. "Issues and mitigation of attenuation and direction of arrival in wellness protocol to wireless sensors and networks based smart building." In Electronics, Communication and Aerospace Technology (ICECA), 2017 International conference of, vol. 2, pp. 700-705. IEEE, 2017.
- Leightley, D., Mukhopadhyay, S.C., Ghayvat, H. and Yap, M.H., 2017, May. Deep convolutional neural networks for motion instability identification using kinect. In 2017 Fifteenth IAPR International Conference on Machine Vision Applications (MVA) (pp. 310-313). IEEE..
- Awais, M. and Ghayvat, H., 2018, November. Face and Its Features Detection during Nap. In 2018 IEEE 23rd International Conference on Digital Signal Processing (DSP) (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Ghayvat, H., Mukhopadhyay, B. Shenjie, A. Chouhan, and W. Chen. "Smart home based ambient assisted living: Recognition of anomaly in the activity of daily living for the elderly living alone." In 2018 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC). IEEE, 2018.