Article in journal (Refereed)
- Hultsjö, S., Bachrach-Lindström, M., Safipour, J., Hadziabdic, E. (2019). “Cultural awareness requires more than theoretical education” : nursing students’ experiences. Nurse Education in Practice. 39. 73-79.
- Rask, M., Albinsson, G., Safipour, J., Wenneberg, S., Andersson, L., et al. (2018). Validation of the verbal and social interaction questionnaire for nursing students : the focus of nursing students in their relationship with patients. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. 8. 81-88.
- Higginbottom, G.M.A., Valianatos, H., Shankar, J., Safipour, J., Davey, C. (2018). Immigrant women’s food choices in pregnancy : perspectives from women of Chinese origin in Canada. Ethnicity and Health. 23. 521-541.
- Safipour, J., Wenneberg, S., Hadziabdic, E. (2017). Experience of Education in the International Classroom : A Systematic Literature Review. Journal of International Students. 7. 806-824.
- Safipour, J., Hadziabdic, E., Hultsjö, S., Bachrach-Lindström, M. (2017). Measuring nursing students’ cultural awareness : a cross-sectional study among three universities in southern Sweden. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. 7. 107-113.
- Higginbottom, G., Safipour, J., Yohani, S., O’brien, B., Mumtaz, Z., et al. (2016). An ethnographic investigation of the maternity healthcare experience of immigrants in rural and urban Alberta, Canada. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 16. 1-15.
- Hadziabdic, E., Safipour, J., Bachrach-Lindström, M., Hultsjö, S. (2016). Swedish version of measuring cultural awareness in nursing students : validity and reliability test. BMC Nursing. 15.
- Woodgate, R.L., Safipour, J., Tailor, K. (2015). Canadian adolescents' perspectives of cancer risk : a qualitative study. Health Promotion International. 30. 684-694.
- Higginbottom, G., Safipour, J. (2015). Access to Primary Health Care by New and Established Immigrants in Canada. Journal of Family Medicine & Community Health. 2. 1-7.
- Higginbottom, G.M.A., Safipour, J., Yohani, S., O’brien, B., Mumtaz, Z., et al. (2015). An ethnographic study of communication challenges in maternity care for immigrant women in rural Alberta. Midwifery. 31. 297-304.
- Safipour, J., Schopflocher, D., Higginbottom, G., Emami, G. (2013). Socioeconomic factors and mental health of Swedish adolescents–a cross-sectional study among Stockholm high-school students aged 15–19 years. Vulnerable Children and Youth Studies. 8. 120-134.
- Emami, A., Safipour, J. (2013). Constructing a questionnaire for assessment of awareness and acceptance of diversity in healthcare institutions. BMC Health Services Research. 13.
- Higginbottom, G., Safipour, J., Mumtaz, Z., Chiu, Y., Paton, P., et al. (2013). “I have to do what I believe” : Sudanese women’s beliefs and resistance to hegemonic practices at home and during experiences of maternity care in Canada. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 13.
- Safipour, J., Higginbottom, G., Tessma, M., Emami, A. (2012). Migration status and self-reported health among high school students in Stockholm : A cross-sectional study. Vulnerable Children and Youth Studies. 7. 149-163.
- Safipour, J., Schopflocher, D., Higginbottom, G., Emami, A. (2011). Feelings of social alienation : a comparison of immigrant and non-immigrant Swedish youth. International journal of sociology and social policy. 31. 456-468.
- Safipour, J., Schopflocher, D., Higginbottom, G., Emami, A. (2011). The mediating role of alienation in self reported health among Swedish Adolescents. Vulnerable Groups & Inclusion. 2.
- Safipour, J., Tessma, M., Higginbottom, G., Emami, A. (2010). Measuring social alienation in adolescence : Translation and validation of the Jessor and Jessor Social Alienation Scale. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 51. 517-524.