I am enthusiastic about mentoring and collaborating with students at all levels. Whether you are pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or are seeking internship opportunities, our Smart Industry Group - SIG laboratory is the perfect place to delve into exciting projects related to robotics and automation. If you don't find a topic that aligns with your aspirations among the options listed, don't hesitate to reach out. I am open to tailoring unique opportunities that match your interests and skills.
Additionally, I extend this invitation to visiting scholars, Postdocs, PhD students and interns. If you're keen on joining forces and exploring new frontiers, feel free to share your CV and transcripts with me. Together, we can contribute to groundbreaking research and innovation in the exciting field of industrial robotics!
#Erasmus, #Internship, #Robotics, #Sweden
My research groups
Mechanical Engineering The research in the field of mechanical engineering is broad and has its main focus in six areas: structural dynamics, material science, industrial economics, terotechnology,…
Smart Industry Group Smart Industry Group (SIG) is an interdisciplinary research group featuring expertise from computer science and mechanical engineering. SIG's focus is making production and…
My ongoing research projects
Article in journal (Refereed)
Pocorni, J.K., Powell, J., Frostevarg, J., Kaplan, A.F. (2018). Dynamic laser piercing of thick section metals. Optics and lasers in engineering. 100. 82-89.
Pocorni, J.K., Powell, J., Frostevarg, J., Kaplan, A.F. (2018). The geometry of the cutting front created by Fibre and CO2 lasers when profiling stainless steel under standard commercial conditions. Optics and Laser Technology. 103. 318-326.
Pocorni, J.K., Powell, J., Frostevarg, J., Kaplan, A.F.H. (2017). Investigation of the piercing process in laser cutting of stainless steel. Journal of laser applications. 29 (2).
Pocorni, J.K., Han, S., Cheon, J., Na, S., Kaplan, A.F., et al. (2017). Numerical simulation of laser ablation driven melt waves. Journal of Manufacturing Processes. 30. 303-312.
Pocorni, J.K., Powell, J., Deichsel, E., Frostevarg, J., Kaplan, A.F. (2017). Fibre laser cutting stainless steel: Fluid dynamics and cut front morphology. Optics and Laser Technology. 87. 87-93.
Pocorni, J.K., Petring, D., Powell, J., Deichsel, E., Kaplan, A.F.H. (2016). The Effect of Laser Type and Power on the Efficiency of Industrial Cutting of Mild and Stainless Steels. Journal of manufacturing science and engineering. 138 (3).
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Ziada, O., Schauerte, T., Pocorni, J.K., Algabroun, H., Bolmsjö, G., et al. (2022). Robotic Window Assembly : A Simulation Study and a Proposed Self-Adaptive Software Architecture. Proceedings of the 10th Swedish Production Symposium. 111-121.
- Pocorni, J.K., Petring, D., Powell, J., Deichsel, E., Kaplan, A.F. (2015). Measuring the Melt Flow on the Laser Cut Front. 15th Nordic Laser Materials Processing Conference, Nolamp 15, 25-27 August 2015, Lappeenranta, Finland. 99-109.
- Pocorni, J.K., Petring, D., Powell, J., Deichsel, E., Kaplan, A. (2014). Differences in Cutting Efficiency between CO2 and Fiber Lasers when Cutting Mild and Stainless Steels. ICALEO 2014.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Pocorni, J.K., Powell, J., Ilar, T., Schwarz, A., Kaplan, A. (2013). Measuring the state-of-the-art in laser cut quality. 14th NOLAMP Conference: The 14th Nordic Laser Materials Processing Conference, August 26th – 28th 2013, Gothenburg, Sweden. 101-108.
Book (Other academic)
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Pocorni, J.K. (2017). Laser cutting and piercing : Experimental and theoretical investigation. Doctoral Thesis. Luleå University of Technology. 163.
Licentiate thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Pocorni, J.K. (2015). Experimental and Theoretical Investigation of the Laser Cutting Process. Licentiate Thesis. 2015, Luleå University of Technology.