I'm a high school teacher in mathematics, and I have a master's degree in mathematics from Linnaeus University. In February 2020 I defended my thesis Residue fixed point index and wildly ramified power series.
In the fall of 2020 I'm teaching Linear algebra (1ma406/1ma901). Previously I've been involved in many of the first year courses in mathematics and some in mathematics education and computer science here at Linnaeus. However currently I'm involved in the following courses
- Introduction to machine learning (Spring)
- Linear algebra (Fall)
My primary research interest is dynamical systems, discrete mathematics and machine learning. In my thesis I study iterations of power series giving rise to discrete dynamical systems. The iterated functions are studied both from a dynamical perspective and from a number theoretic point of view. The problem have lead to both results in number theory, non-archimedean dynamics, and in complex dynamics. In machine learning my interest is broad, and currently I'm working in a project together with Björn Lindenberg and Karl-Olof Lindahl in reinforcement learning.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Lindenberg, B., Nordqvist, J., Lindahl, K. (2020). Distributional reinforcement learning with ensembles. Algorithms. 13. 1-13.
- Nordqvist, J., Rivera-Letelier, J. (2020). Residue fixed point index and wildly ramified power series. Journal of the London Mathematical Society. 1-28.
- Lindahl, K., Nordqvist, J. (2018). Geometric location of periodic points of 2-ramified power series. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. 465. 762-794.
- Nordqvist, J. (2017). Characterization of 2-ramified power series. Journal of Number Theory. 174. 258-273.
- Chandler, R.E., Juhlin, K., Fransson, J., Caster, O., Edwards, R.I., et al. (2017). Current Safety Concerns with Human Papillomavirus Vaccine : A Cluster Analysis of Reports in VigiBase®. Drug Safety. 40. 81-90.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Lundberg, J., Nordqvist, J., Laitinen, M. (2019). Towards a language independent Twitter bot detector. Proceedings of 4th Conference of The Association Digital Humanities in the Nordic Countries : Copenhagen, March 6-8 2019. 308-319.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Nordqvist, J. (2020). Residue fixed point index and wildly ramified power series. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 136.
Licentiate thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Nordqvist, J. (2018). Ramification numbers and periodic points in arithmetic dynamical systems. Licentiate Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 74.