In the spring of 2021 I'm teaching Linear algebra advanced course (1ma907), Introduction to machine learning (2dv516) and Tillämpad sannolikhetslära och statistik (1ma511/1ma905).
Previously I've been involved in many of the first year courses in mathematics and some in mathematics education and computer science here at Linnaeus. However currently I'm primarily involved in the following courses
- Introduction to machine learning (Spring)
- Linear algebra (Fall)
- Linear algebra advanced course (Spring)
I'm always interested in taking on students for degree projects. Please feel free to contact me if you have an idea to discuss.
My primary research interest is dynamical systems, discrete mathematics and machine learning. In my thesis I study iterations of power series giving rise to discrete dynamical systems. The iterated functions are studied both from a dynamical perspective and from a number theoretic point of view. The problem have lead to both results in number theory, non-archimedean dynamics, and in complex dynamics. In machine learning my interest is broad, and currently I'm working in a project together with Björn Lindenberg and Karl-Olof Lindahl in reinforcement learning.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Nordqvist, J. (2021). Wildly ramified power series with large multiplicity. Journal of Number Theory. 225. 174-197.
- Nordqvist, J., Rivera-Letelier, J. (2020). Residue fixed point index and wildly ramified power series. Journal of the London Mathematical Society. 102. 470-497.
- Lindenberg, B., Nordqvist, J., Lindahl, K. (2020). Distributional reinforcement learning with ensembles. Algorithms. 13. 1-13.
- Lindahl, K., Nordqvist, J. (2018). Geometric location of periodic points of 2-ramified power series. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. 465. 762-794.
- Nordqvist, J. (2017). Characterization of 2-ramified power series. Journal of Number Theory. 174. 258-273.
- Chandler, R.E., Juhlin, K., Fransson, J., Caster, O., Edwards, R.I., et al. (2017). Current Safety Concerns with Human Papillomavirus Vaccine : A Cluster Analysis of Reports in VigiBase®. Drug Safety. 40. 81-90.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Buljan, M., Nordqvist, J., Martins, R.M. (2020). An Investigation on the Impact of Non-Uniform Random Sampling Techniques for t-SNE. 2020 Swedish Workshop on Data Science (SweDS), Luleå, 2020,. 1-8.
- Lundberg, J., Nordqvist, J., Laitinen, M. (2019). Towards a language independent Twitter bot detector. Proceedings of 4th Conference of The Association Digital Humanities in the Nordic Countries : Copenhagen, March 6-8 2019. 308-319.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Nordqvist, J. (2020). Residue fixed point index and wildly ramified power series. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 22.
Licentiate thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Nordqvist, J. (2018). Ramification numbers and periodic points in arithmetic dynamical systems. Licentiate Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 74.