My research groups
Forest Products The Forest Products research group conducts cutting-edge research in forest-derived raw materials and side streams, to promote the utilization of renewable materials and contribute to…
Forestry and Wood In the Forestry and Wood field of research we are engaged in the entire chain, from forest to finished product, and with the development of new wood products for construction and…
My completed research projects
Article in journal (Refereed)
Nilsson, J., Johansson, J. (2019). Bending and Creep Deformation of a Wood-Based Lightweight Panel : An Experimental Study. Wood and Fiber Science. 51 (1). 16-25.
Nilsson, J., Ormarsson, S., Johansson, J. (2017). Moisture-related distortion and damage of lightweight wood panels : experimental and numerical study. Journal of the Indian Academy of Wood Science. 14 (2). 99-109.
Trischler, J., Nilsson, J., Sandberg, D. (2013). Reed canary grass as light-weight core in particleboards. Pro Ligno. 9 (4). 469-476.
Nilsson, J., Johansson, J., Kifetew, G., Sandberg, D. (2011). Shape stability of modified engineering wood product (EWP) subjected to moisture variation. Wood Material Science & Engineering. 6 (3). 132-139.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Nilsson, J., Johansson, J., Sandberg, D. (2014). Densified and thermally modified wood as outer layers in light-weight panels for furniture and joinery. Final Cost Action FP0904 Conference : “Recent Advances in the Field of TH and THM Wood Treatment” : May 19-21, 2014, Skellefteå, Sweden : book of abstracts. 79-80.
- Nilsson, J., Johansson, J., Sandberg, D. (2014). Densified and thermally modified wood in light-weight panels. Presented at the 2014 Forest Products Society International Convention Program, Quebec City, Canada, August 10-13, 2014.
- Nilsson, J., Johansson, J., Sandberg, D. (2013). Increased use of hardwood through light-weight constructions. Proceeding of ISCHP2013 - International Scientific Conference on Hardwood Processing, October 7-9, Florence, Italy.. 291-296.
- Nilsson, J., Johansson, J., Sandberg, D. (2013). A new light-weight panel for interior joinery and furniture. Proceeding of 9th Meeting of the Northern European Network for Wood Science and Engineering -WSE 11-12 September 2013, Hannover, Germany. 184-189.
- Kifetew, G., Nilsson, J., Sandberg, D. (2011). Is it possible to constrain moisture movement of densified wood product mechanically?. Mechano-chemical transformation of wood during THM processing. 67-68.
Report (Other academic)
- Scheepers, G., Nilsson, J., Johansson, J. (2017). Mätning av ytspänningar i torkat gran med NIR. Växjö, RISE. 13.
- Nilsson, D., Nylinder, M., Fryk, H., Nilsson, J. (2012). Mätning av grotflis. 63.
- Sandberg, D., Azoulay, M., Baudin, A., Blom, Å., Carlsson, B., et al. (2011). Utvändiga träfasader : Inverkan av materialval, konstruktion och ytbehandling på beständigheten hos fasader av gran och tall. Växjö, Linnéuniversitetet. 211.
Licentiate thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Nilsson, J. (2018). Requirements for wood-based lightweight panels intended for furniture and interior use. Licentiate Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 82.