Jorge is a researcher looking at the intersection of ICT and sustainability, with focus on how we can use computers to create, share and visualize sustainability data.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Katzeff, C., Milestad, R., Zapico, J.L., Bohne, U. (2020). Encouraging Organic Food Consumption through Visualization of Personal Shopping Data. Sustainability. 12. 1-15.
- Hedin, B., Zapico, J.L. (2018). What Can You Do with 100 kWh? : A Longitudinal Study of Using an Interactive Energy Comparison Tool to Increase Energy Awareness. Sustainability. 10.
- Zapico, J.L., Turpeinen, M., Guath, M. (2011). Kilograms or cups of tea : Comparing footprints for better CO2 understanding. PsychNology Journal. 9. 43-54.
- Zapico, J.L., Brandt, N., Turpeinen, M. (2010). Environmental metrics : The Main Opportunity from ICT for Industrial Ecology. Journal of Industrial Ecology. 14. 703-706.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Katzeff, C., Carlsson Kanyama, A., Zapico, J.L. (2019). Share or waste? : Using an ICT-platform to share food on a university campus. ICT for Sustainability : Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on ICT for Sustainability, Lappeenranta, Finland, June 10-14, 2019. 1-7.
- Zapico, J.L., Maja, S. (2018). Transparent farmers : how farmers are using technology for new ways of selling and communicating with consumers. ICT4S2018, 5th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Sustainability. 398-409.
- Zapico, J.L., Hedin, B. (2017). Energy Weight : Tangible Interface for Increasing Energy Literacy. 2017 Fifth IFIP Conference on Sustainable Internet and ICT for Sustainability (SustainIT 2017). 97-99.
- Hedin, B., Zapico, J.L. (2017). Kilowh.at – Increasing Energy Awareness Using an Interactive Energy Comparison Tool. Persuasive Technology : Development and Implementation of Personalized Technologies to Change Attitudes and Behaviors. 175-185.
- Svenfelt, Å., Zapico, J.L. (2016). Sustainable food systems with ICT?. 4th International Conference on ICT for Sustainability (ICT4S 2016). 194-201.
- Zapico, J.L., Katzeff, C., Ulrica, B., Rebecka, M. (2016). Eco-feedback Visualization for Closing the Gap of Organic Food Consumption. Proceedings of the NordiCHI '16 : The 9th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction : Game Changing Design.
- Bohne, U., Zapico, J.L., Katzeff, C. (2015). The EcoPanel : designing for reflection on greener grocery shopping practices. Proceedings of Enviroinfo and ICT for Sustainability 2015. 221-228.
- Zapico, J.L. (2014). Blinded by data : The risks of the implicit focus on data in ICT for Sustainability. ICT4S. 148-154.
- Zapico, J.L., Pargman, D., Ebner, H., Eriksson, E. (2013). Hacking sustainability : Broadening participation through Green Hackathons. .
- Zapico, J.L., Sayan, B., Bonanni, L., Turpeinen, M., Young, S. (2011). Footprinted. org : experiences from using linked open data for environmental impact information. Proceedings of the 25th EnviroInfo Conference – Innovations in Sharing Environmental Observations and Information..
- Bonanni, L., Ebner, H., Hockenberry, M., Sayan, B., Brandt, N., et al. (2011). Sourcemap. org : First Application of Linked and Open LCA Data to Support Sustainability. .
- Zapico, J.L., Turpeinen, M., Brandt, N. (2010). Greenalytics : a tool for mash-up life cycle assessment of websites. Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Informatics for Environmental Protection. Aachen, Germany.
- Zapico, J.L., Kjelkerud, D., Berggren, H., Turpeinen, M., Brandt, N. (2010). Carbon.to : improving the understanding of carbon dioxide information. Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Informatics for Environmental Protection..
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Zapico, J.L. (2014). Green Hackathon : Hacking for sustainable food. 2nd International Conference on ICT for Sustainability 2014, ICT4S-WS 2014, Co-Located with ICT4S 2014, Stockholm, Sweden, 24 August 2014 through 27 August 2014.
- Bonanni, L., Ebner, H., Hockenberry, M., Sayan, B., Zapico Lamela, J.L., et al. (2010). The Open Sustainability Project : A Linked Data Approach to LCA. LCA X, Bridging Science, Policy, and the Public 2-4 November 2010, Portland, Oregon.
Chapter in book (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
Article, book review (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
- Zapico, J.L. (2012). ICT and Environmental Sustainability, Friend or Fœ?. Information Technologies & International Development. Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism. 8. 99-101.