Article in journal (Refereed)
- Santos-Pereira, G.C., Corso, C.R., Forss, J. (2019). Evaluation of two different carriers in the biodegradation process of an azo dye. Journal of Environmental Health Science and Engineering. 17. 633-643.
- Wollak, B., Forss, J., Welander, U. (2018). Evaluation of blue mussels (Mytilus edulis) as substrate for biogas production in Kalmar County (Sweden). Biomass and Bioenergy. 111. 96-102.
- Rupar-Gadd, K., Forss, J. (2018). Self-heating properties of softwood samples investigated by using isothermal calorimetry. Biomass and Bioenergy. 111. 206-212.
- Forss, J., Lindh, M.V., Pinhassi, J., Welander, U. (2017). Microbial biotreatment of actual textile wastewater in a continuous sequential rice husk biofilter and the microbial community involved. PLoS ONE. 12.
- Forss, J., Pinhassi, J., Lindh, M.V., Welander, U. (2013). Microbial diversity in a continuous system based on rice husks for biodegradation of the azo dyes Reactive Red 2 and Reactive Black 5. Bioresource Technology. 130. 681-688.
- Forss, J., Welander, U. (2011). Biodegradation of azo and anthraquinone dyes in continuous systems. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation. 65. 227-237.
- Türgay, O., Ersöz, G., Atalay, S., Forss, J., Welander, U. (2011). Treatment of Azo Dyes in Textile Industry Wastewater by Biological and/or Chemical Methods. Separation and Purification Technology. 79. 26-33.
- Welander, U., Forss, J. (2009). Decolourization of reactive azo dyes with microorganisms growing on soft wood chips. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation. 63. 752-758.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Jansson, A., Rupar-Gadd, K., Forss, J., Welander, U. (2016). Pilot-Scale Experiments Using Cultivated Macro Algae for Biogas Production, Part of a Future Seafarm Biorefinery. 24th EUBCE Online Proceedings 2016 : Setting the course for a biobased economy. Held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 6 - 9 June 2016. 627-629.
- Santos, G.C., Forss, J., Welander, U., Corso, C.R. (2015). Redox mediator evaluation in the azo dye biodegradation. .
- Forss, J., Welander, U. (2008). Biodegradation of azo dyes by natural microflora from forest residues chips cultivated on Swedish soft wood chips. 16th European Biomass Conference& Exhibition, 2-6 June 2008, Valencia,Spain.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Forss, J. (2013). Continuous system based on rice husks for biodegradation of a simulated textile waste water containing azo dyes. Continuous system based on rice husks for biodegradation of a simulated textile waste water containing azo dyes.
- Forss, J., Welander, U. (2010). Biodegradation of Textile Dyes Based on Wood Carriers. Proceedings of Linnaeus SCO-TecH'10. 267-277.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Forss, J. (2013). Microbial treatment of textile wastewater applicable in developing countries. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Kalmar, Linnaeus University Press.