Hello! I am Associate Professor in Mathematics at LNU. Before my present position at LNU I also worked as postdoc at Brown Univeristy, Pontífica Universidad Católica de Chile and Universidad de Santiago de Chile.
At the moment I teach
- Discrete Mathematics and Mathematical Thinking
- Applied Probability and Statistics
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Research methodology for mathematical sciences
I am also head supervisor for a PhD student, Björn Lindenberg, working in the field of artificial intelligence and dynamical systems. I have been head supervisor of Jonas Nordqvist who had his dissertation February 2020.
Random and Deterministic Dynamical Systems, Number Theory, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Together with Jonas Nordqvist and Björn Lindenberg we work on a project in Reinforcement Learning which addresses the question of controlling a dynamical system as to maximize the total accumulated reward over time. We are also part of a project with Kalmar Energi in optimizing the effiency of district heating plants using AI.
International collaborators are Juan Rivera-Letelier (University of Rochester), Mike Zieve (Univ. of Michigan), Charles Favre (École Polytechnique, Paris). Youssef Fares (Universite de Picardie).
Before my present position at LNU I did postdocs at Brown University, Pontífica Universidad Católica de Chile and Universidad de Santiago de Chile.
I have also worked as guest researcher at Université de Picardie, Amiens,
- Member of the board of the faculty of technology (FTK)
- Coordinator for degree projects in mathematics
- Elaborator of a new program in Engineering Mathematics
- Contact person of the theme Artificial Intelligence at LNU
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Lindenberg, B., Nordqvist, J., Lindahl, K. (2020). Distributional reinforcement learning with ensembles. Algorithms. 13. 1-13.
- Lindahl, K., Nordqvist, J. (2018). Geometric location of periodic points of 2-ramified power series. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. 465. 762-794.
- Lindahl, K., Rivera-Letelier, J. (2016). Generic parabolic points are isolated in positive characteristic. Nonlinearity. 29. 1596-1621.
- Lindahl, K., Rivera-Letelier, J. (2016). Optimal cycles in ultrametric dynamics and minimally ramified power series. Compositio Mathematica. 152. 187-222.
- Lindahl, K. (2013). The size of quadratic p-adic linearization disks. Advances in Mathematics. 248. 872-894.
- Lindahl, K. (2010). Divergence and convergence of conjugacies in non-Archimedean dynamics. Contemporary Mathematics. 508. 89-109.
- Lindahl, K. (2010). Applied Algebraic Dynamics. P-Adic Numbers, Ultrametric Analysis, and Applications. 2. 360-362.
- Lindahl, K., Zieve, M. (2010). On Hyperbolic Fixed Points in Ultrametric Dynamics. P-Adic Numbers, Ultrametric Analysis, and Applications. 2. 232-240.
- Lindahl, K. (2009). Linearization in Ultrametric Dynamics in Fields of Characteristic Zero — Equal Characteristic Case. P-Adic Numbers, Ultrametric Analysis, and Applications. 1. 307-316.
- Lindahl, K. (2004). On Siegel's linearization theorem for fields of prime characteristic. Nonlinearity. 17. 745-763.
- Lindahl, K., Gundlach, M., Khrennikov, A. (2001). On Ergodic Behavior of p-adic dynamical systems. Infin. Dimens. Anal. Quantum Probab. Relat. Top.. 4. 569-577.
- Albeverio, S., Gundlach, M., Khrennikov, A., Lindahl, K. (2001). On the Markovian Behavior of p-Adic Random Dynamical Systems. Russ. J. Math. Phys.. 8. 135-152.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Lindahl, K. (2002). Some results on convergence of conjugating functions over non-Archimedean fields. Dynamical systems from number theory to physics - 2. 67-77.
Doctoral thesis, monograph (Other academic)
- Lindahl, K. (2007). On the linearization of non-Archimedean holomorphic functions near an indifferent fixed point. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Växjö University Press. 160.