Currently Dr. Lindell is engaged in developing and leading EU-projects (Interreg programme and EUniWell) where the state of wellbeing and sustainability in tourism along the coastline of the South Baltic as well as health and life quality are in focus. Active projects are for Interreg "Wellbeing Tourism in the South Baltic Region – Guidelines for Good Practices & Promotion" (SB WELL), "Time Machine" on "Innovative communication of sacred places for attractive tourism in the Baltic region", and for EUniWell Advancing understanding of well-being tourism, drawing upon the European biocultural heritage, and The mental health symposium: exploring and enhancing mental health initiatives and resources. Recently finalized is for Interreg "Circular economy tools to support innovation in green and blue tourism SMEs (CIRTOINNO)."
Lindell holds a PhD in Environmental Sciences incl. Env. Psychology, and a MSc in Aquatic and Environmental Engineering. She has over ten years of experience from working with applied hydrochemistry, applied geochemistry and environmental psychology in the Amazon basin. Focus of her work has been to explore the effects on the environment caused by deforestation and its consequences on the life quality of the rural population of farmers. She has also contributed to documentation of the cultural and natural heritage of the upper Amazon in a collaboration with the Chicago field museum, USA.
Wellbeing - hållbar turism med fokus på välmående och balans, för företagare inom turism (2020, 2021)
Wellbeing Entrepreneurship Development in Tourism (Summer school in Florence, Italy, 2021)
Chair of Steering committee SB WELL (Wellbeing Tourism in the South Baltic Region – Guidelines for Good Practices & Promotion) 2018-ongoing
Chair of Steering committee TM (Innovative communication of sacred places for attractive tourism in the Baltic region) 2020-ongoing
Member of Steering committee CIRTOINNO (Circular economy tools to support innovation in green and blue tourism SMEs) 2016-2019
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Lindell, L., Henningsson, M., Marquardt, K., Åström, M.E. (2014). Farmers´(local and colonists) perceptions of environmental changes in the forest frontier of the upper Amazon, Peru. International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology. 10. 394-418.
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Öberg, T. (2010). Land-use change versus natural controls on stream water chemistry in the Subandean Amazon, Peru. Applied Geochemistry. 25. 485-495.
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Öberg, T. (2010). Land-use versus natural controls on soil fertility in the Subandean Amazon, Peru.. Science of the Total Environment. 408. 965-975.
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Sarenbo, S. (2010). Effects of forest slash and burn on the distribution of trace elements in floodplain sediments and mountain soils of the Subandean Amazon, Peru. Applied Geochemistry. 25. 1097-1106.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Öberg, T. (2009). Effects of land use change vs natural control on stream water chemistry in the subandean Amazon, Peru.. Proceedings of XII Brazilian Congress on Geochemistry and VIII International Symposium on Environmental Geochemistry. Oct 18-22, Ouro Preto, Brazil..
- Lindell, L., Åström, M. (2008). Los Efectos de la Agricultura de Tala y Quema sobre la Fertilidad de los Suelos de la Amazonia Subandina, Perú. .
Chapter in book (Other academic)
Report (Other academic)
- Lindell, L., Dziadkiewicz, A., Sattari, S., Misiune, I., Pereira, P., et al. (2019). Wellbeing tourism and its potential in case regions of the South Baltic : Lithuania – Poland – Sweden. Linnaeus University. 39.
- Lindell, L., Dziadkiewicz, A., Sattari, S., Dmitrzak, M., Kulczycka, J., et al. (2019). Journey to the destination: a circular tourism economy : a training program for the hospitality industry to facilitate a transition towards increased circularity in the South Baltic Region. Växjö/Kalmar, Linnaeus University. 485.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Lindell, L. (2011). Environmental Effects of Agricultural Expansion in the Upper Amazon : A study of river basin geochemistry and hydrochemistry, and farmers' perceptions. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Kalmar, Linnaeus University Press. 92.
Book (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
- Manniche, J., Topsø Larsen, K., Brandt Broegaard, R., Holland, E., Dziadkiewicz, A., et al. (2017). Destination: A circular tourism economy : a handbook for transitioning toward a circular economy within the tourism and hospitality sectors in the South Baltic Region. Denmark, Centre for Regional and Tourism Research.