Ph.D student at Informatics, direction Info Security processes, including EU GDPR, see research below.
CV: former Info Security Architect, Tieto Sweden, former Info Security Officer, General Motors Europe and Saab Automobile, former Technical Infrastructure Officer, Pka.dk, and former CIO, Greenland School of Commerse as well as member of Greenland Home Rule IT Board. Also been CS teacher in community college settings 1985-87 and 1990-1993.
Have in the 1980.ies and 1990:ies been teaching Operation Systems (Unix/VMS/OS360/AS400), IT Communication (pre-Internet), Info Security and Database operations.
2017 - company EU GDPR trainer
2018 - Support teacher Info Security at Informatics, Lnu
Looking at effects of GDPR as a driver to improve info security in todays public and commersial organizations.
Primarly two areas of research; a. securing IT environments via use of GDPR Data Mapping article, improve security via understanding of the real data flows. b. How GDPR affect smaller organizations, like local social initiatives or activist/NGO groups, lacking competence, but handling critical personal data.
In the end, both areas need to merge, forcing strengthening of security around GDPR affected personal data.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Magnusson, L., Iqbal, S. (2018). Implications of EU-GDPR in Low-Grade Social, Activist and NGO Settings. International Journal of Business and Technology. 6. 1-7.
- Magnusson, L., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2018). Towards secure data flow oriented multi-vendor IT governance models. International Journal of Business and Technology. 6. 1-9.
- Magnusson, L. (2012). A New Authentication Paradigm?. ISC2 InfoSecurity Professional Magazine. 3. 24-24.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Magnusson, L., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2019). On System Thinking and Information Security. The OR Society Annual Conference OR61, 3-5 September 2019, Sibson Building, Kent University : Conference Handbook. 161-162.
- Magnusson, L., Iqbal, S. (2017). Implications of EU-GDPR in Low-Grade Social, Activist and NGO Settings. Proceedings 6th UBT annual international conference, 27-29 ocktober, Durrës, Albania : International Conference on Computer Science and Communication Engineering & Information Systems and Security. 91-97.
- Magnusson, L., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2017). Towards Secure Data Flow Oriented Multi-Vendor IT Governance Models. UBT 6th Annual International Conference 2017 : Leadership and Innovation. 163-163.
Article in journal (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
- Magnusson, L. (2013). HR Access : a key to better InfoSecurity. ISC2 InfoSecurity Professional Magazine. 4. 23-23.
- Magnusson, L. (2011). A Call for Best-Practice Framework. ISC2 InfoSecurity Professional Magazine. 2. 32-32.
- Magnusson, L. (1997). Customizing Sendmail. Sys Admin Magazine - The Journal for UNIX Systems Administrators. 7. 61.
- Magnusson, L. (1996). Local News : Exploring Web-based Threaded Discussion Server Functionality. Sys Admin Magazine - The Journal for UNIX Systems Administrators. 5.
- Magnusson, L. (1995). An Internal Gate for a Local Email System. Sys Admin Magazine - The Journal for UNIX Systems Administrators. V4.