Lars Seldén lives in Gothenburg, Sweden with his wife Ann-Mari. Since 2012 he is affiliated to Linnaeus University, Dept. of Library and Information Science, School of Cultural Sciences, Växjö, Sweden. Before that he spent nearly forty years as a lecturer/senior lecturer at the Swedish School of Library and Information Science, Borås, Sweden. He holds a PhD in Library and information Science from Gothenburg University. He is recognised as a Docent. Research interests are information seeking in scholarly practice and more recently library education and the library profession.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Golub, K., Hansson, J., Seldén, L. (2017). Cult of the "I" : Organizational symbolism and curricula in three Scandinavian iSchools with comparisons to three American. Journal of Documentation. 73. 48-74.
- Seldén, L. (2007). The Bologna process and the ups and downs of professionalisation in Swedish public libraries. Information research. 12.
- Seldén, L. (2007). Utbildningsvanor och rekryteringspraktik i en kvinnoprofession enligt biblioteksmatriklar 1932-1966. Svensk biblioteksforskning. 16. 1-38.
- Seldén, L. (2004). On grounded theory – with some malice. Journal of Documentation. 61. 114-129.
Article in journal (Other academic)
Chapter in book (Other academic)
- Nalumaga, R., Seldén, L. (2014). Information experiences of female legislators : examining constituency activities and representation in the ugandan parliament. Information experience : approaches to theory and practice. Bingley, Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 221-238.
- Seldén, L. (2012). Utbildning för folkbibliotekarier i Sverige : politiska beslut och deras följder. Styra eller stödja? : svensk folkbibliotekspolitik under hundra år. Borås, Valfrid. 189-215.