I work as a senior lecturer in design at the Department of Design. My focus is practice-based learning and artistic, material based work in design projects with focus on sustainability.
I work part time as a senior lecturer, part time I run my design studio, non stop design.
I teach at the bachelor program Design + Change and the master program Design + Change. I teach subjects related to my profession as a designer like textile product design, colour studies, printing and pattern design as well as design projects and design processes. I am workshop manager at the Textile and Screen printing workshop at the Department of Design in Växjö.
In my research I examine creative artistic material based learning in a design educational context. How do we learn things that not can be read or googled? What is tacit knowledge? I work with workshops in projects together with students where we explore learning and artistic work in different ways. I use "handicraft" as inspiration in the practice-based learning.
I am also member of the research group Praktikforum, together with my colleagues Anna-Karin Arvidsson, Stephanie Carleklev and Stephan Hruza. We collaboratively explore artistic, material-based work and tacit knowledge.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Håkanson, L., Carleklev, S., Hruza, S., Arvidsson, A. (2021). If we can’t make it together, we won’t make it alone : The challenge and potential of collective making. Design Culture(s) : Cumulus Conference Proceedings Roma 2021. 1640-1651.
- Arvidsson, A., Håkanson, L., Carleklev, S., Hruza, S. (2021). Waste Stories : Workshop. Biennial International Conference for the Craft Sciences : Craft in action, May 4-6, 2021.
- Håkanson, L. (2019). Making or not making in a new disciplinary education. Futurescan 4 : Valuing practice. 1-7.
- Håkanson, L. (2016). There is far too little handicraft going on at the University. In this Place : Cumulus Association Biannual International Conference : Conference proceedings : Wednesday 27 April - Sunday 1 May 2016. 127-132.
- Tham, M., Arvidsson, A., Blomqvist, M., Bonja, S., Hyltén-Cavallius, S., et al. (2016). Metadesigning Design Research : How can designers collaboratively grow a research platform?. Proceedings of DRS 2016, Design Research Society 50th Anniversary Conference. 1412-1430.
Chapter in book (Other academic)
- Håkanson, L., Rosenqvist, J. (2013). Syjuntan, workshopen och seminariet : Ett högskolepedagogiskt triangeldrama. Universitetspedagogik i praktiken : Sexton lärartexter om pedagogisk utveckling. Växjö/Kalmar, Linnéuniversitetet. 103-109.