Leteng has received his Ph.D degree in Chemical Engineering from Linnaeus University in 2013, and a MEng (in 2005) and BEng (in 2002) in Chemical Process and Engineering from Shandong University of Science and Technology.
Leteng is engaging 50% of full working time in education. He is responsible for several courses:
- Combustion Technology part I (2BT004, 7.5hp), undergraduate;
- Applied thermodynamic (Energiteknik II, 1BT016, 7.5hp), undergraduate;
- Combustion Technology Part II (4BT010, 7.5hp), master;
- Sustainable Energy supply( 1BT018, 7.5hp), distant learning.
Leteng is engaging 50% of his full time in research. His main research interests include:
- Combustion and gasification of carbonaceous feedstock: process optimization via both experimental and FEM/CFD modeling;
- Microwave application in thermochemical conversion of solid waste including sewage sludge and other carbon-rich materials.
- Fundamental development and application of aerosol techniques: online diagnostic methodology for condensable organic and inorganic vapor; Conversion of nano carbon particles; aerosol processing applied in the nano-catalyst particles deposition for functional energy materials.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Cao, W., Li, J., Lin, L., Zhang, X. (2021). Release of potassium in association with structural evolution during biomass combustion. Fuel. 287. 1-9.
- Fu, J., Zhou, B., Zhang, Z., Wang, T., Cheng, X., et al. (2020). One-step rapid pyrolysis activation method to prepare nanostructured activated coke powder. Fuel. 262.
- Fu, J., Liu, Z., Wei, L., Lin, L., Li, N., et al. (2020). Identification of the running status of membrane walls in an opposed fired model boiler under varying heating loads. Applied Thermal Engineering. 173. 1-9.
- Wang, C., Wang, W., Lin, L., Zhang, F., Zhang, R., et al. (2020). A stepwise microwave synergistic pyrolysis approach to produce sludge-based biochars : Feasibility study simulated by laboratory experiments. Fuel. 272. 1-10.
- Jiang, J., Lang, L., Lin, L., Liu, H., Yin, X., et al. (2018). Partial oxidation of filter cake particles from biomass gasification process in the simulated product gas environment. Energy & Fuels. 32. 1703-1710.
- Morgalla, M., Lin, L., Strand, M. (2018). Benzene conversion in a packed bed loaded with biomass char particles. Energy & Fuels. 32. 554-560.
- Morgalla, M., Lin, L., Strand, M. (2018). Benzene Conversion in a Packed Alumina Bed Continuously Fed with Woody Char Particles. Energy & Fuels. 32. 7670-7677.
- Morgalla, M., Lin, L., Strand, M. (2017). Decomposition of benzene using char aerosol particles dispersed in a high-temperature filter. Energy. 118. 1345-1352.
- Morgalla, M., Lin, L., Seemann, M., Strand, M. (2015). Characterization of particulate matter formed during wood pellet gasification in an indirect bubbling fluidized bed gasifier using aerosol measurement techniques. Fuel processing technology. 138. 578-587.
- Yang, J., Lin, L., Morgalla, M., Gebremedhin, A., Strand, M. (2015). High-Temperature Characterization of Inorganic Particles and Vapors in a Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Cofiring Wood and Rubber Waste. Energy & Fuels. 29. 863-871.
- Lin, L., Strand, M. (2014). Online investigation of steam gasification kinetics of biomass chars up to high temperatures. Energy & Fuels. 28. 607-613.
- Lin, L., Strand, M. (2013). Investigation of the intrinsic CO2 gasification kinetics of biomass char at medium to high temperatures. Applied Energy. 109. 220-228.
- Pettersson, J., Strand, M., Lin, L. (2012). Charging and removal efficiency of an ESP in a 250 kW biomass boiler. International Journal of Plasma Environmental Science and Technology. 6. 204-209.
- Lin, L., Gustafsson, E., Strand, M. (2011). Aerosol-based method for investigating biomass char reactivity at high temperatures. Combustion and Flame. 158. 1426-1437.
- Gustafsson, E., Lin, L., Strand, M. (2011). Characterization of particulate matter in the hot product gas from atmospheric fluidized bed biomass gasifiers. Biomass and Bioenergy. 35. 71-78.
- Gustafsson, E., Lin, L., Seemann, M.C., Rodin, J., Strand, M. (2011). Characterization of Particulate Matter in the Hot Product Gas from Indirect Steam Bubbling Fluidized Bed Gasification of Wood Pellets. Energy & Fuels. 25. 1781-1789.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Lin, L., Zethraeus, B. (2016). Statistical model to reproduce the combustion behavior of domestic-scale wood pellets burners. Proceedings of the 24th European Biomass Conference : Setting the course for a biobased economy. 666-673.
- Lin, L., Morgalla, M., Strand, M. (2015). Study on char fragmentation during biomass gasification in bubbling fluidized bed. 23rd European Biomass Conference and Exhibition, 1-4 June 2015, Vienna, Austria. 652-655.
- Morgalla, M., Lin, L., Strand, M. (2015). Characterization Of Particulate Matter In Biomass Gasification. Proceedings for the 23rd European Biomass Conference and Exhibition. 664-667.
- Lin, L., Strand, M. (2013). Further development and application of aerosol-based method for on-line investigation of char reactivity in steam. Proceedings for 21st European Biomass Conference and Exhibition. 875-878.
- Pettersson, J., Strand, M., Lin, L. (2011). Charging- and removal efficiency of an ESP in a 250 kW biomass boiler. International Conference on Electrostatic Precipitation XII, ICESP Nürnberg 2011.
- Strand, M., Gustafsson, E., Lin, L., Yang, J. (2011). High-Temperature extraction of aerosol particles from biomass combustion and gasification. European Aerosol Conference 2011.
- Gustafsson, E., Lin, L., Strand, M. (2010). Characteristics of aerosol particles from steam and oxygen gasification of various biofuels. 18th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition : From resarch to industry and markets. 900-902.
- Lin, L., Gustafsson, E., Strand, M. (2010). High-temperature Kinetics of Fine Biomass Char Particles in Air and CO2. 18th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition : From Research to Industry and Markets.
- Lin, L., Zethraeus, B. (2009). An Extractive Numerical Method to Interpret Gas Analysis from Domestic Scale Pellets Burner. Book of proceedings-Bioenergy 2009 : Sustainable Bioenergy Business4th International Bioenergy Conference. 517-523.
- Lin, L., Strand, M. (2009). Investigation on the oxidation kinetics of biomass char particles. Book of Proceeding-Bioenergy 2009 : Sustainable Bioenergy Business4th International Bioenergy Conference. 933-939.
- Biollaz, S., Calbry-Muzyka, A., Rodriguez, S., Sárossy, Z., Ravenni, G., et al. (2018). Gas analysis in gasification of biomass and waste : Guideline report: Document 1. International Energy Agency (IEA). 161.
- Biollaz, S., Calbry-Muzyka, A., Rodriguez, S., Sárossy, Z., Ravenni, G., et al. (2018). Gas analysis in gasification of biomass and waste : Guideline report: Document 2 - Factsheets on gas analysis techniques. International Energy Agency (IEA). 141.
Report (Other academic)
- Pettersson, J., Strand, M., Lin, L. (2011). Kostnadseffektiv partikelavskiljning i mindre närvärmeanläggningar. Energimyndigheten. 35.
- Gustafsson, E., Lin, L., Strand, M., Simeone, E., de Jong, W., et al. (2010). Report of Particle Size and Composition Classificationduring Atmospheric Pressure Gasification. 65.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Lin, L. (2013). Char conversion kinetics and aerosol characterization in biomass gasification. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press.