My ongoing research projects
Article in journal (Refereed)
Ezz El Din, M. (2023). Reporting on the New Citizen : Towards Constructive Forms of Reporting on Immigrants. Arab Media & Society. 35. 47-68.
Ezz El Din, M. (2020). Arab diaspora online media in Sweden : Arab migrants' identity discourses on the AlKompis Facebook page. First Monday. 25.
Doctoral thesis, monograph (Other academic)
- Ezz El Din, M. (2016). Beyond Orientalism and Occidentalism : Identity constructions in Arab and Western news media. Doctoral Thesis. Örebro, Örebro University. 315.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Ezz El Din, M. (2023). Arab social media news in Sweden : Site of information or site of struggle?. Middle Eastern Diasporas and Political Communication. London, Routledge.
- Ezz El Din, M. (2019). News media racialization of Muslims : The Case of Nerikes Allehanda’s Publishing of the Mohamed Caricature. Racialization, Racism, and Anti-Racism in the Nordic Countries. Palgrave Macmillan. 93-109.
- Ezz El Din, M. (2014). Egyptin media ennen ja jälkeen arabikevään. Maailman media. Sosiaalitieteiden laitoksen julkaisuja.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Ezz El Din, M., Önnerfors, A., Ricknell, E. (2023). Twitter campaign against the Swedish social services : Between activism and emotional mobilization. Book of abstracts: Media and Emotional Mobilization.
- El Gody, A., Tahat, K., Masoori, A., Ezz El Din, M. (2023). Virtual Connectivity and Cultural Affiliation : The Use of Southeast Asian Diaspora Social Media in the UAE. Presented to the 106th Annual Conference of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC), Washington, D.C..
- Ezz El Din, M., El Gody, A. (2023). Journalism of Clicks and Shares.. .
- Ezz El Din, M. (2022). Arab Diaspora Social Media platforms in Sweden : Amidst Utopia and Dystopia. Presented at the Broadcast Education Association (BEA) Conference 2022, April 23-26, Las Vegas USA.
- Ezz El Din, M. (2022). Reporting About the New Citizen : Alternative Forms of Media Coverage on Migrants. Presented at The 26th Conference of Arab-US Association for Communication Educators 12–14 October 2022, Örebro University, Sweden.
- Holt, K., Ezz El Din, M., Wahlberg, M., Nykvist, A., De La Brosse, R. (2022). Young citizens and the Quality of news. Attention, emotional reactions and quality assessments.. Presented to the Broadcast Education Association (BEA) Conference 2022, Las Vegas, USA, April 23-26. 2nd prize winner in the BEA2022 Interest Division’s Top Paper Competition).
- Holt, K., Nykvist, A., Ezz El Din, M., Wahlberg, M., De La Brosse, R., et al. (2022). Young Citizens and the Quality of new : Measuring attention and emotional reactions in relation to quality assessments. Presented at the 72nd Annual ICA Conference "One World, One Network‽", Paris, 26-30 May, 2022.
- Ezz El Din, M. (2011). Intercultural Conflicts : The ‘Other’ as presented in News. International Communication Association Conference (ICA), Boston, Massachusetts, 26-30 May, 2011.
- Ezz El Din, M. (2010). News of the Other. The Global Media and the War on Terror Conference, the University of Westminster, UK (13-14 September 2010).
- Ezz El Din, M. (2004). Impact of Transnational Television Networks on Local News Conception. The Arab-US Conference for Communication Educators (AUSACE), Cairo, Nov. 2004.
- Ezz El Din, M. (2002). The challenges facing Wire Services in the New World Information and Communication Order (NWICO). .
- Ezz El Din, M. (1999). Why have a Press Syndicate?. The Arab-US Conference for Communication Educators (AUSACE), Beirut, Oct. 1999.
- Ezz El Din, M. (1998). Egyptian Press Freedom and the Challenges of the 21 Century. Arab-US Conference for Communication Educators (AUSACE), Cairo Sept. 1998.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Ezz El Din, M. (2022). COVID-19 Debates in Arab Diaspora Online Platforms in Sweden. Presented at the Media Breakdown and Recovery International Symposium at Lund university, Sweden March 16th 2022..
- Ezz El Din, M. (2013). News media construction of the Other. Ida Blom Conference, Bergen, Norway.