Dr. Elm, assistant professor at the Linnaeus University and Head of Informatics Department, received his PhD in 2007 at Blekinge Institute of Technology, Computer Science. His skills and expertise is related to information quality in the context of the important role of information flows in organisations, in particular from the technical perspective and including information security concerns. Dr. Elms research and teaching is founded on the global growth of the service sector and its significance for society as a whole and for the individual human being. He has extensive experience in developing courses and teaching material for blended learning and is currently program responsible for the bachelor program Information Logistics and master program Digital Business Development. Dr. Elm has presented at many international conferences including acted as session leader and is also reviewer for international conferences and journals.
My research groups
My ongoing research projects
Project: Recasting best practices of European universities (RAPID) RAPID aims to strengthen online education in Pakistan by replicating the best practices in distance learning during pandemic at…
Project: The development and implementation of PhD curricula in ICT for Kosovo (DI-PHDICTKES) Kosovo’s lack of an ICT PhD program limits involvement on the international stage in academic and industry…
My completed research projects
Seed project: Implementation knowledge as comissioned training - A step towards the national investment in Lifelong Learning The overall aim of this seed project within Knowledge Environment Linnaeus…
Seed project: The paradox of over empowerment: Does patient empowerment have its limits? The main objective for this seed project within Linnaeus Knowledge Environment Digital Transformations is to…
Article in journal (Refereed)
Dalipi, F., Jokela, P., Kastrati, Z., Kurti, A., Elm, P. (2022). Going digital as a result of COVID-19 : Insights from students’ and teachers’ impressions in a Swedish university. International Journal of Educational Research Open. 3.
Salavati, S., Mirijamdotter, A., Elm, P., Perez, M. (2021). Coordinated SSM : An Adaptation of the SSM Learning Cycle. Systems. 9 (3).
Magnusson, L., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2018). Towards secure data flow oriented multi-vendor IT governance models. International Journal of Business and Technology. 6 (3). 1-9.
Wennberg, L., Brandt, P., Révay, P. (2006). Information security - an application of a systems approach. Kybernetes. 35 (6). 786-796.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Magnusson, L., Dalipi, F., Elm, P. (2023). Cybersecurity Compliance in the Public Sector : Are the Best Security Practices Properly Addressed?. HCI International 2023 Posters. HCII 2023 : 25th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, HCII 2023, Copenhagen, Denmark, July 23–28, 2023, Proceedings, Part IV. 219-226.
- Villius Zetterholm, M., Elm, P., Salavati, S. (2021). Designing for Pandemics : a Design Concept based on Technology Mediated Nudging for Health Behavior Change. Proceedings of the 54th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 3474-3483.
- Magnusson, L., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2019). On System Thinking and Information Security. The OR Society Annual Conference OR61, 3-5 September 2019, Sibson Building, Kent University : Conference Handbook. 161-162.
- Mirijamdotter, A., Pireva Nuci, K., Gibney, M., Elm, P. (2019). The development and implementation of a PhD Program in ICT for the Kosovo Education System. 9th International Conference Information Systems and Technology Innovation: Smart economy and digital transformation, Tirana, Albania, May 17-18, 2019.
- Golshan, B., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2019). Methodological Inefficiencies for Investigating Digital Strategy : Application of Appreciative Systems Models for Longitudinal Studies. The OR Society Annual Conference OR61, 3-5 September 2019, Sibson Building, Kent University : Conference Handbook. 157-158.
- Magnusson, L., Iqbal, S., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2018). Searching for a Governance Model to manage and secure the data flow in organizations, as required by GDPR. Information System Research Seminar in Scandinavia, Aarhus University in Odder, Denmark, August 5th - 8th 2018.
- Gibney, M., Mirijamdotter, A., Somerville, M.M., Elm, P., Pireva Nuci, K. (2018). Evolution of a Course : Instructional Design Elements and Impacts. UBT International Conference.
- Elm, P., Iqbal, S., Mirijamdotter, A. (2018). Exploring threshold concept when teaching Systems Thinking and Soft Systems Methodology. OR60 Annual Conference, 11-13 Sept. 2018, Lancaster University, Birmingham : The Operational Research Society. 202-202.
- Golshan, B., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2018). Digital Capability for Practice : Implications of Appreciative Systems Model on Analysing Organisational Strategies. OR60 Annual Conference, 11-13 Sept. 2018, Lancaster University. 215-215.
- Magnusson, L., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2017). Towards Secure Data Flow Oriented Multi-Vendor IT Governance Models. UBT 6th Annual International Conference 2017 : Leadership and Innovation. 163-163.
- Zetterholm, M., Brandt, P., Jokela, P. (2016). Physio-digital Convergence : Aspects on Security. Proceedings of 7th International Conference Information Systems and Technology Innovations : the New Paradigm for a Smarter Economy.
- Petrakou, A., Brandt, P., Gustavsson, R., Jokela, P. (2011). Collaborative e-marketplaces containing clusters of SMEs : Drivers and barriers in the local food sector. 44th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), 2011.
- Jung, I., Victor, O., Jokela, P., Brandt, P. (2011). Perceived Colour in Transparent materials and Objects. AIC Interaction of Colour & Light in the Arts and Sciences : Midterm Meeting of the International Colour Association (AIC), 7-10 June 2011 Zurich, Switzerland, Conference Programme.
- Jung, I., Jokela, P., Brandt, P., Victor, O. (2010). What is the colour of a glass of wine?. AIC 2010 Color and Food: From the Farm to the Table. 27-30.
- Jokela, P., Brandt, P. (2008). Hur kan man främja ett vetenskapligt förhållningssätt och kritiskt tänkande inom datavetenskapliga utbildningar. .
- Brandt, P., Östlund, L. (2007). Guidelines towards quality assured e-health services. .
- Brandt, P., Révay, P., Wennberg, L. (2004). System thinking on Risk Analysis. SABI 2004: Business Systems -- Environmental Contexts.
- Brandt, P., Jokela, P., Karlsudd, P., Révay, P., Östlund, L. (2003). Evaluation model for e-phenomena - a case study. Proceedings of the MicroCAD 2003 International Scientific Conference i Miskolc, Ungern.
- Brandt, P., Östlund, L., Révay, P. (2003). Risk analysis in contact centres. .
Chapter in book (Refereed)
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Östlund, L., Brandt, P., Révay, P. (2004). The importance of analysing communication channels from an information security perspective – a case study. .
Doctoral thesis, monograph (Other academic)
- Brandt, P. (2007). Information in use - Aspects of information quality in workflows. Doctoral Thesis.
Licentiate thesis, monograph (Other academic) (Other academic)
- Brandt, P., Östlund, L. (2004). Informatisk forskning om riskanalysprocess applicerad på Apoteket AB:s kundcenterverksamhet. Licentiate Thesis.
Report (Other academic)
- Brandt, P., Östlund, L. (2004). Computer Epistemology - Från Adam och Eva till Ada och e. Péter Révay.
- Östlund, L., Brandt, P. (2002). Säkerhet vid trådlös kommunikation - experimentell studie av standarden IEEE 802.11b vid övergång från trådat LAN till trådlöst LAN. BBS, University of Kalmar.
- Östlund, L., Brandt, P. (2002). The first symposium on systems analyzis. BBS, University of Kalmar.
- Östlund, L., Brandt, P. (2002). Systems science - a theoretical approach. BBS, University of Kalmar.