I have always been interested in small industrial firms and how and why they internationalise. I share this interest with colleagues at the Center for International Business Studies on Emerging Markets (CIBEM) where I am a member as professor of international business.
In my research, I study the rise of international new ventures, international entrepreneurship (e.g. transnational, entrepreneurial firms) and the intercultural competences of the founders.
In 2011, I received the American Marketing Association Hans B. Thorelli Award for significant and long-term contribution to international marketing theory or practice.
Working with international business gives me the possibility to work with students on our programmes focusing on enhancing market opportunities in emerging market countries. But also the opportunity to work with local authorities to fuel new knowledge and contacts with enterprises.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Luthje, T., Servais, P. (2005). Firms’ International Sourcing and Intra-Industry Trade. Quaderni di ricerca. 3-41.
- Madsen, T.K., Rasmussen, E.S., Servais, P. (1999). Små, globalt orienterede virksomheders internationalisering og kompetencer. Ledelse & Erhvervsøkonomi. 63. 251-266.
- Madsen, T.K., Servais, P. (1997). The internationalization of Born Globals : an evolutionary process?. International Business Review. 6. 561-583.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Rasmussen, E.S., Servais, P. (1999). Born Globals : connectors between various industrial districts. Proceedings of RENT XIII (Research in Entrepreneurship and Small Business), November 25-26, 1999, Middlesex University, London, UK, 1999.
- Søndergaard, M., Servais, P. (1999). Global relational capital in supplier networks of Danish small and medium sized enterprises : determinants of capacity of exploiting global inter-firm relations. Proceedings of the Metamorphosis of Organizations Conference (2nd Colloque la Metamorphose des Organisations), Nancy, France, October 21-23, 1999.
Chapter in book (Other academic)
- Knudsen, M.P., Servais, P. (2004). SME’s international engagements : import, exports and intra-industry trade. Recent European research on SME export behavior and internationalization. Vaasa, University of Vaasa. 115-130.