I am a trained teacher of physical education and biology and has a master's degree in biomedical science. Is currently a PhD student at Karolinska Institutet and researcher in the field of physical activity, environment and health. I teach in the programs of physical activity, health and recreation, teaching programs, the health sciences program and mastercourses in sport medicine.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Pagels, P., Wester, U., Mårtensson, F., Guban, P., Raustorp, A., et al. (2020). Pupils' use of school outdoor play settings across seasons and its relation to sun exposure and physical activity. Photodermatology, Photoimmunology & Photomedicine. 8.
- Wester, U., Pagels, P., Boldemann, C. (2019). Solar Ultraviolet Radiation Exposure Proxy-estimated by Sky View Fish-eye Photography-Potentials and Limitations from an Exploratory Correlation Study. Photochemistry and Photobiology. 95. 656-661.
- Fröberg, A., Raustorp, A., Pagels, P., Larsson, C., Boldemann, C. (2017). Levels of Physical Activity during Physical Education lessons in Sweden. Acta Paediatrica. 106. 135-141.
- Pagels, P., Wester, U., Söderström, M., Lindelof, B., Boldemann, C. (2016). Suberythemal Sun Exposures at Swedish Schools Depend on Sky Views of the Outdoor Environments - Possible Implications for Pupils' Health. Photochemistry and Photobiology. 92. 201-207.
- Pagels, P., Raustorp, A., Guban, P., Fröberg, A., Boldemann, C. (2016). Compulsory school in- and outdoors : implications for school children’s physical activity and health during one academic year. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 13. 1-11.
- Raustorp, A., Pagels, P., Fröberg, A., Boldemann, C. (2015). Physical activity decreased by a quarter in the 11-12 year old Swedish boys between 2000 and 2013 but was stable in girls. A smartphone effect?. Acta Paediatrica. 104. 808-814.
- Pagels, P., Raustorp, A., de Leon, A.P., Martensson, F., Kylin, M., et al. (2014). A repeated measurement study investigating the impact of school outdoor environment upon physical activity across ages and seasons in Swedish second, fifth and eighth graders. BMC Public Health. 14.
- Pagels, P., Raustorp, A., Archer, T., Lidman, U., Alricsson, M. (2012). Influence of moderate, daily,physical activity upon body composition and blood lipid profile in swedish adults. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 9. 867-874.
- Raustorp, A., Pagels, P., Boldemann, C., Cosco, N., Söderström, M., et al. (2012). Accelerometer measured level of physical activity indoors and outdoors during preschool time in Sweden and the United States. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 9. 801-808.
- Pagels, P., Boldemann, C., Raustorp, A. (2011). Comparison of pedometer and accelerometer measures on physical activity in preschool children 3-5 years of age. Acta Paediatrica. 100. 116-120.
- Boldeman, C., Dal, H., Cosco, N., Moore, R., Bieber, B., et al. (2011). Preschool outdoor play environment may combine promotion of childrens physical activity and sun protection. Further evidence from Southern Sweden and North Carolina : Les aires de jeux extérieures en école maternelle peuvent associer promotion de l´activité physique et protection solaire. Noveaux arguments de Suéde du Sud et de Caroline Nord. Science & sports. 26. 72-82.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Boldeman, C., Söderström, M., Mårtensson, F., Moore, R., Cosco, N., et al. (2015). The Health Promoting Potential of Preschool Outdoor Environments : Linking Research to Policy. Revisiting social factors : advancing research into people and place. Cambridge, Cambridge Scholars Publishing. 111-138.