My research groups and projects
Project: Impacts of fishways and dispersal barriers on evolution, population dynamics and viability of spawning-migrating fish Many rivers and streams globally and in Sweden have been modified by dams…
Project: Catch-and-release fishing - an invisible threat to aquatic ecosystems? Our aim for this project is to provide novel insights regarding long-term effects of catch-and-release fishing on…
Project: Meet the fish! In the project “Meet the fish!” the Fish Migration Group collaborates with Kalmar municipality to promote the research on fish ecology in Kalmar. We execute a study where we…
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Augustsson, A., Lennqvist, T., Osbeck, C.M.G., Tibblin, P., Glynn, A., et al. (2021). Consumption of freshwater fish : A variable but significant risk factor for PFOS exposure. Environmental Research. 192. 1-9.
- Nordahl, O., Koch-Schmidt, P., Tibblin, P., Forsman, A., Larsson, P. (2020). Vertical movements of coastal pike (Esox lucius) : on the role of sun basking. Ecology of Freshwater Fish. 29. 18-30.
- Tibblin, P., Hall, M., Svensson, P.A., Merilä, J., Forsman, A. (2020). Phenotypic flexibility in background-mediated color change in sticklebacks. Behavioral Ecology. 31. 950-959.
- Sunde, J., Yildirim, Y., Tibblin, P., Forsman, A. (2020). Comparing the performance of microsatellites and RADseq in population genetic studies : analysis of data for pike (Esox lucius) and a synthesis of previous studies. Frontiers in Genetics. 11. 1-17.
- Nordahl, O., Koch-Schmidt, P., Sunde, J., Yildirim, Y., Tibblin, P., et al. (2019). Genetic differentiation between and within ecotypes of pike (Esox lucius) in the Baltic Sea. Aquatic conservation. 29. 1923-1935.
- Nilsson, J., Flink, H., Tibblin, P. (2019). Predator-prey role reversal may impair the recovery of declining pike populations. Journal of Animal Ecology. 88. 927-939.
- Nordahl, O., Tibblin, P., Koch-Schmidt, P., Berggren, H., Larsson, P., et al. (2018). Sun-basking fish benefit from body temperatures that are higher than ambient water. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. 285.
- Sunde, J., Tamario, C., Tibblin, P., Larsson, P., Forsman, A. (2018). Variation in salinity tolerance between and within anadromous subpopulations of pike (Esox lucius). Scientific Reports. 8.
- Sunde, J., Tibblin, P., Larsson, P., Forsman, A. (2018). Sex-specific effects of outbreeding on offspring quality in pike (Esox lucius). Ecology and Evolution. 8. 10448-10459.
- Tibblin, P., Berggren, H., Nordahl, O., Larsson, P., Forsman, A. (2016). Causes and consequences of intra-specific variation in vertebral number. Scientific Reports. 6.
- Tibblin, P., Forsman, A., Borger, T., Larsson, P. (2016). Causes and consequences of repeatability, flexibility and individual fine tuning of of migratory timing in pike. Journal of Animal Ecology. 85. 136-145.
- Berggren, H., Nordahl, O., Tibblin, P., Larsson, P., Forsman, A. (2016). Testing for local adaptation to spawning habitat in sympatric subpopulations of northern pike by reciprocal translocation of embryos. PLoS ONE. 11.
- Tibblin, P., Forsman, A., Koch-Schmidt, P., Nordahl, O., Johannessen, P., et al. (2015). Evolutionary divergence of adult body size and juvenile growth in sympatric subpopulations of a top predator in aquatic ecosystems. American Naturalist. 186. 98-110.
- Tibblin, P., Koch-Schmidt, P., Larsson, P., Stenroth, P. (2012). Effects of salinity on growth and mortality of migratory and resident forms of Eurasian perch in the Baltic Sea. Ecology of Freshwater Fish. 21. 200-206.
Article, review/survey (Refereed)
- Tamario, C., Sunde, J., Petersson, E., Tibblin, P., Forsman, A. (2019). Ecological and Evolutionary Consequences of Environmental Change and Management Actions for Migrating Fish. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution. Frontiers Media S.A.. 7. 1-24.
- Larsson, P., Tibblin, P., Koch-Schmidt, P., Engstedt, O., Nilsson, J., et al. (2015). Ecology, evolution, and management strategies of northern pike populations in the Baltic Sea. Ambio. 44. S451-S461.
- Forsman, A., Tibblin, P., Berggren, H., Nordahl, O., Koch-Schmidt, P., et al. (2015). Pike Esox lucius as an emerging model organism for studies in ecology and evolutionary biology: a review.. Journal of Fish Biology. 87. 472-479.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Tibblin, P. (2015). Migratory behaviour and adaptive divergence in life-history traits of pike (Esox lucius). Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 39.