Piia Posti is senior lecturer in comparative literature in the field of postcolonial studies. She received her PhD in 2005 from Stockholm University. Posti’s thesis discusses landscape, visuality, and exile in the fiction of Australian writer Gerald Murnane. She has previously worked at the Department of English, Stockholm University.
Piia Posti teaches literary history (Non-European and Postcolonial literature), children’s literature, and advance level courses in comparative literature and postcolonial studies.
Posti's research interests include postmodern and postcolonial theory and fiction, intermediality, and popular culture. Current research develops some of the issues in the thesis but from a Swedish perspective, as she studies Swedish travelogues on Australia. She is member of Linnaeus University Centre for Concurrences in Colonial and Postcolonial Studies, one of the university's centres for prominent research.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Posti, P.K. (2014). Concurrences in Contemporary Travel Writing : Postcolonial Critique and Colonial Sentiments in Sven Lindqvist’s Exterminate all the Brutes and Terra Nullius. Culture Unbound. Journal of Current Cultural Research. 6. 1319-1345.
Article in journal (Other academic)
Chapter in book (Other academic)
- Posti, P.K. (2017). Resor, äventyr och den andre : Exotism och det främmande i samtida svensk barnlitteratur. Mångkulturell barn- och ungdomslitteratur : Analyser. Lund, Studentlitteratur. 181-197.
- Posti, P.K. (2013). Australia : From Settler Colony to Independent Nation. Postcolonial Texts and Events : Cultural Narratives from the English-Speaking World. Lund, Studentlitteratur. 229-260.
- Posti, P.K. (2011). Att skriva som aborigin : litteratur av Australiens ursprungsbefolkning. Världens litteraturer : En gränsöverskridande historia. Lund, Studentlitteratur. 265-268.
- Posti, P.K. (2000). Cartographic Fictions: Maps and Literature. Creative Communication : Production and Process, Theory and Analysis. Canberra, University of Canberra. 181-185.
Doctoral thesis, monograph (Other academic)
- Posti, P.K. (2005). The Double Aspect : Gerald Murnane's Visual Poetics. Doctoral Thesis. Stockholm, Stockholm University Department of English. 228.
Article in journal (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
Other (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
- Posti, P.K. (2014). Blast to the Past : Marketing the Native.
- Posti, P.K. (2013). Ägget. Fibben Hald : Läskigt att bli stor - läskigt att vara stor. Norrköping, Norrköpings konstmuseum.