Pontus Mattsson is a senior lecturer in economics. During 2018, he obtained a PhD degree from Linneaus university. From before, he has a master degree in business administration and economics from Linköping university with focus on financial economics and econometrics.Further, he has also a bachelor degree in business administation from Örebro university and a bachelor degree in political science from Linköping university.
Mattsson was during the winter of 2018 visiting scholar at Stern School of Business, New York University hosted by William H. Greene and during the spring 2018 he was a visiting scolar for Per J. Agrell at Center of Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE), UC Louvain. During the fall of 2018, he was a visiting scholar at Oregon State University hosted by Rolf Färe och Shawna Grosskopf.
Teaching in econometrics, macroeconomics and microeconomics.
Pontus doctoral thesis centers on productivity and efficiency measurements together with policy evaluation. The dissrtation consists of 5 papers: 1) TFP change and its components for Swedish manufacturing firms during the 2008-2009 financial crisis, 2) A bootstrapped Malmquist index applied to Swedish district courts, 3) Potential efficiency effects of merging the Swedish district courts, 4) Impacts on efficiency of merging the Swedish district courts, and 5) The impact of labor subsidies on total factor productivity and profit per employee.
Pontus was the representative for doctoral students in the faculty board for the School of business and economics and for the department of economics and statistics from 2015 to 2017.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Mattsson, P. (2019). The impact of labour subsidies on total factor productivity and profit per employee. Economic Analysis and Policy.
- Mattsson, P., Tidanå, C. (2019). Potential efficiency effects of merging the Swedish district courts. Socio-Economic Planning Sciences.
- Mattsson, P., Månsson, J., Andersson, C., Bonander, F. (2018). A bootstrapped Malmquist index applied to Swedish district courts. European Journal of Law and Economics. 46. 109-139.
Report (Other academic)
- Mattsson, P., Månsson, J., Greene, W.H. (2018). TFP change and its components for Swedish manufacturing firms during the 2008-2009 financial crisis. New York, Stern School of Business, N.Y.U.. 27.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Mattsson, P. (2018). Essays on Efficiency, Productivity, and Impact of Policy. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Dissertations. 39.