Dr. Setayesh Sattari is an assistant professor of marketing and an award-winning lecturer in international and culturally diverse classes in consumer behavior, quantitative research methods, sustainability marketing, brand management, innovation and entrepreneurship, e-business management and marketing strategy with visiting experiences in Japan, Switzerland and the US. She has worked with e-learning platforms, such as Moodle and Frontier and has supervised more than 70 bachelor's and master's thesis projects. She is also a member of the Assurance of Learning Committee of the AACSB accreditation Process at LNU's School of Business and Economics.
Dr. Sattari holds a Ph.D. in Industrial Marketing. Her research experience and interest include sustainable consumption, sustainable tourism, circular economy, social entrepreneurship, supplier diversity and sustainable innovation with a profile of publications in decent academic journals and conference proceedings. Among others, her work has appeared in publications such as the Journal of Strategic Management Education, Corporate Communications, Sustainability and International Journal of Leisure and Tourism Marketing. In 2013 she received Emerald highly commended paper award.
She has been an active member of American Marketing Association (AMA), and Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) for the last eight years, and a reviewer for journals such as European Business Review, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, International Journal of Wine Business Research, International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development, Journal of Sustainability, and International Journal of Export Marketing.
Since 2015, she has been granted funding for five studies in sustainability-related areas and she is currently cooperating in two EU-funded research projects; circular economy (CIRTOINNO) and sustainable tourism (SBWELL).
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Kordestani, A., Sattari, S., Peighambari, K., Oghazi, P. (2017). Exclude me not : the untold story of immigrant entrepreneurs in Sweden. Sustainability. 9. 1-22.
- Peighambari, K., Sattari, S., Foster, T., Wallström, Å. (2016). Two tales of one city : image versus identity. Place Branding and Public Diplomacy. 12. 314-328.
- Sattari, S., Wallström, Å. (2013). Tourism Websites in the Middle East - Readable or Not?. International Journal of Leisure and Tourism Marketing. 3. 201-214.
- Mills, A., Pitt, L., Sattari, S. (2012). Reading between the Vines: Analyzing the Readability of Consumer Brand Wine Websites. International Journal of Wine Business Research. 24. 169-183.
- Sattari, S., Pitt, L., Caruana, A. (2011). How Readable Are Mission Statements? An Exploratory Study. Corporate Communications. An International Journal. 16. 282-292.
- Pitt, L., Sattari, S., Bevelander, D. (2010). Are Business School Mission Statements Readable? Evidence from the top 100. Journal of Strategic Management Education. 6. 1-16.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Sattari, S., Peighambari, K., Kordestani, A. (2017). Understanding consumers’ perception of sustainable consumption : a ZMET approach. Back to the Future: Using Marketing Basics to Provide Customer Value : Proceedings of the 2017 Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference. 531-538.
- Kordestani, A., Sattari, S., Peighambari, K. (2016). Exclude-Me-Not : Inclusion of Minority-Owned Suppliers in Swedish Public Procurement. .
- Sattari, S., Foster, T., Peighambari, K., Kordestani, A. (2015). Preferences of young news consumers : a conjoint analysis. Ideas in Marketing : Finding the New and Polishing the Old. 595-598.
- Sattari, S., Kordestani, A., Peighambari, K. (2015). Stakeholders Engagement and Readability of Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting : A Study of Most Sustainable Firms. Proceedings of the 40th Annual Macromarketing Conference, Chicago, Illinois, June 25 – 28, 2015 : Marketing as Provisioning Technology: Integrating Perspectives on Solutions for Sustainability, Prosperity, and Social Justice. 684-684.
- Billore, S., Sattari, S. (2015). Opportunities for double degree programs in management : an investigation of Indian and Swedish universities. .
- Peighambari, K., Sattari, S., Ek Styven, M., Bäckström, L. (2012). Salesperson’s Personality and the Relationship Quality: Are You a Friend or a Customer?. Proceedings of American Marketing Association.
- Foster, T., Sattari, S., Bäckström, L. (2011). Brand Personality of a City: Identity vs. Image. Proceedings of Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference.
- Blomgren, H., Sattari, S., Peighambari, K., Levihn, F. (2011). The Strategic Agenda of Corporate Europe: Sustainability or Not?. Proceedings of Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference.
- Sattari, S., Peighambari, K., Salehi-Sangari, E., Torkan, S. (2011). Requiem for a Brand: Consumer Response to Brand Elimination. Proceedings of Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference.
- Rouis, S., Sattari, S., Peighambari, K. (2010). Understanding industries-universities collaboration tendency: A Swedish-Tunisian comparative study. Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology.
- Sattari, S., Blomgren, H., Salehi-Sangari, E., Farshid, M. (2009). Evolution of Consumer Behavior Literature. Proceedings of Academy of Marketing Annual Conference.
- Sattari, S., Salehi-Sangari, E., Peighambari, K. (2009). Service Quality in the Iranian Cellular Telecommunication Market. Proceedings of Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference.
- Peighambari, K., Salehi-Sangari, E., Sattari, S. (2009). An Evaluation of Customer Retention in the Mobile Telecommunications Marketplace. Proceedings of Academy of Marketing Annual Conference.
- Sattari, S., Peighambari, K., Naude, P. (2007). What Can Network Pictures Tell Us? : An Iranian Example. Marketing theory into practice : [proceedings of the] Academy of Marketing Conference 2007, 3-6 July 2007.
- Peighambari, K., Sattari, S., Khalifa, M., Albadvi, A. (2007). An Evaluation of Customer Satisfaction in the Mobile Telecommunications Marketplace. Marketing theory into practice : [proceedings of the] Academy of Marketing Conference 2007, 3-6 July 2007.
Article, review/survey (Refereed)
- Peighambari, K., Sattari, S., Kordestani, A., Oghazi, P. (2016). Consumer Behavior Research : A Synthesis of the Recent Literature. SAGE Open. Sage Publications. 6.
Conference paper (Other academic)
Book (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
- Manniche, J., Topsø Larsen, K., Brandt Broegaard, R., Holland, E., Dziadkiewicz, A., et al. (2017). Destination: A circular tourism economy : a handbook for transitioning toward a circular economy within the tourism and hospitality sectors in the South Baltic Region. Denmark, Centre for Regional and Tourism Research.