My research groups
Connections in Timber Structures Connections in Timber Structures is one of the research fields at the Department of Building Technology. We investigate the mechanical behaviour of connections at…
Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) is one of the newest research fields at the Department of Building Technology. It combines the broad, scientific knowledge from various…
Wood Building Technology The main direction of our research environment is wood building technology and applied mechanics. The research is to a large extent applied and is practised in close…
My ongoing research projects
Article in journal (Refereed)
Akter, S.T., Binder, E., Bader, T.K. (2022). Moisture and short-term time-dependent behavior of Norway spruce clear wood under compression perpendicular to the grain and rolling shear. Wood Material Science & Engineering.
Status: Epub ahead of print
Akter, S.T., Schweigler, M., Serrano, E., Bader, T.K. (2021). A Numerical Study of the Stiffness and Strength of Cross-Laminated Timber Wall-to-Floor Connections under Compression Perpendicular to the Grain. Buildings. 11 (10).
Akter, S.T., Serrano, E., Bader, T.K. (2021). Numerical modelling of wood under combined loading of compressionperpendicular to the grain and rolling shear. Engineering structures. 244.
Akter, S.T., Bader, T.K. (2020). Experimental assessment of failure criteria for the interaction of normal stress perpendicular to the grain with rolling shear stress in Norway spruce clear wood. European Journal of Wood and Wood Products. 78. 1105-1123.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Akter, S.T., Bader, T.K., Serrano, E. (2021). Stiffness of cross-laminated timber (CLT) wall-to-floor-to-wall connections in platform-type structures. .
- Schweigler, M., Akter, S.T., Ncube, N., Sabaa, S., Johansson, T., et al. (2021). Non-uniform compressive loading of cross-laminated timber (CLT) perpendicular to the grain. World Conference on Timber Engineering 2021, WCTE 2021.
- Akter, S.T., Bader, T.K., Serrano, E. (2019). Modelling of wood under compression perpendicular to the grain with rolling shear in cross-laminated timber. Presented at COMPLAS 2019 - XV International Conference on Computational Plasticity: Fundamentals and Applications, Barcelona, Spain, September 3-5, 2019.
- Muszyński, L., Akter, S.T., Nairn, J., Bader, T.K. (2019). On the need for reliable rolling shear characteristics in CLT lamellas and for efficient related test methods. Bool of abstract: CompWood 2019, International Conference on Computational Methods in Wood Mechanics – from Material Properties to Timber Structures. June 17-19, 2019, Växjö, Sweden..
- Akter, S.T., Bader, T.K., Serrano, E. (2019). Modeling of wood under combination of normal stresses with rolling shear stress. Presented at CompWood 2019 - International Conference on Computational Methods in Wood Mechanics - from material properties to Timber Structures, Växjö, Sweden, June 17-19, 2019.
- Akter, S.T., Bader, T.K., Enquist, B. (2018). Failure envelope for interaction of stresses perpendicular to the grain with rolling shear stress in wood. 6th European Conference on Computational Mechanics (ECCM 6), 7th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics (ECFD 7), 11 – 15 June 2018, Glasgow, UK.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Akter, S.T. (2022). Experimental characterization and numerical modeling of compression perpendicular to the grain in wood and cross-laminated timber. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 61.