Doctoral degree in Marketing Management, 2010, Graduate School of Media and Governance, Keio University, Japan (Monbukagakusho Scholar, Government of Japan)
Thesis: 'Understanding Corporate Branding of Retail Banks with Reference to Management Projections and Customer Perceptions in Japan and India'
Previously Faculty (Marketing) at Temple University - Japan campus, Tokyo, Japan
Tenure: July 2005 – October 2010
Research area 1: Marketing and Branding
1. 'Doing Business in India Inc'. Translated into Spanish as 'Hacer Negocias en India Inc.,' Comercio Global, INCAE Business Review, Volume 2, pp. 2-9, January – April 2012,INCAE Business School, Costa Rica. Author – Soniya Billore
2.'Corporate branding in financial services – Management and customer perceptions for retail banks in India', Keio SFC Journal, Vol.10. No.1, pp.111-113, 2010, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan. Authors – Soniya Billore, Takeo Kuwahara
3.'IDBI Bank- A Case of fluctuating brand design and corporate identity impact on customer loyalty and satisfaction', International Journal of Management Practices and Contemporary Thought (IMPACT), Vol.2, No.1, January- June 2007, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore. Authors: Soniya Billore, Gautam Billore, Ashish Sadh
4.'Cross cultural analysis of customer attitude towards banking services- A comparative study of Indian and Japanese consumers', ICFAI Journal of Services Marketing, Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India, Vol. 5, No. 4, December 2007. Author: Soniya Billore
Research area 2 : Entrepreneurship and Marketing
1. 'Female Immigrant Entrepreneurship: Exploring international entrepreneurship through the status of Indian women entrepreneurs in Japan', International Journal of Gender and Entrepreneurship (IJGE), Vol.3, Issue 1. Pp. 38-55, April 2011, Emerald Publishers Author – Soniya Billore
2.'Female immigrant entrepreneurship: A developing sector in Japan's entrepreneurial economy', Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), Vol.15, No.2, June 2010. Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University. Authors: Soniya Billore, Norashfah Hanim Yaakop Yahaya Al-haj and Daphne Halkias
3.'Female immigrant entrepreneurship in Japan – a study on business lifecycle stages of small and medium enterprises' , ABAC Journal Vol.30 No. 1, January-April, 2010, p.53-69. Assumption University, Thailand Author: Soniya Billore
1.'Japan' in "Female Immigrant Entrepreneurs: The Economic and Social Impact of a Global Phenomenon". Gower Publishing Limited, Hampshire UK. ISBN Number: 978-0-566-08913-8 Halkias, Daphne, Thurman, Paul, Harkiolakis, Nicholas, (Eds.)
2.'Building Customer Loyalty: Adding values through Database Marketing'," Organizational challenges: Insights and Solutions", 1st edition, 2001 New Delhi: Excel Books. Dhar, Bhakar and Mishra, (Eds.) Prestige Institute of Management Research (PIMR) Chapter authors: Soniya Chitale, Ashish Sadh
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Lundberg, J., Billore, S., Axelsson, C. (2017). Diabetes Among Children (DAC) : project - Exploring opportunities with support from mobile applications in a cross cultural Indo-Swedish study. BIOSTEC 2017 : Final Program and Book of Abstracts. 85.
- Billore, S., Rosén, C. (2016). A Cross-cultural Study of Attitudes to Digital Tools Among Students and Teachers in the European Language Classroom. International Digital Humanities Symposium, Växjö, 7-8 Nov 2016 : Book of Abstracts. 18-20.
- Billore, S., Sattari, S. (2015). Opportunities for double degree programs in management : an investigation of Indian and Swedish universities. .
- Billore, S., Billore, G. (2014). Generation Y : Behavior and Attitudes towards Retail Banking Services in India. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SCIENCES (INTCESS14), VOLS I AND II. 901-909.
Chapter in book (Other academic)
- Myrvold, K., Billore, S. (2017). Introduction. India : Research on Cultural Encounters and Representations at Linnaeus University. Göteborg, Makadam Förlag.
- Billore, S., Billore, G. (2015). Innovation in the Indian banking industry : an exploration of the evolution, motivations, and effects. Handbook of research on internationalization of entrepreneurial innovation in the global economy. IGI Global. 158-176.
Collection (editor) (Refereed)
- Myrvold, K., Billore, S. (2017). India : Research on Cultural Encounters and Representations at Linnaeus University. Göteborg, Makadam Förlag.