Steffen is a doctoral student in the industrial graduate school ProWOOD – a collaboration between the industrial life, the Knowledge Foundation (KKS), Linnaeus University and the School of Engineering in Jönköping. The goal of ProWOOD is to support innovativeness and to increase the competitive strength of Swedish wood manufacturing industries.
More about ProWOOD: ProWOOD/en
He is responsible for case studies and projects in the course "Flexibel automation in industrial processes".
His research project aims to increase the degree of automation in the Swedish wood processing industries. In the beginning the focus lies on identifying requirements and demands for a successful transition to automation and to create a better understanding of the difficulties underlying wood processing industries. In a later phase, the development and implementation of robot solutions and robot cells, suitable for wood processing tasks, will be put more into focus.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Blomqvist, L., Nilson, H., Johansson, J., Landscheidt, S. (2017). Downtime causes in a production cell for laminated veneer products. 23rd International Wood Machining Seminar Proceedings. 28-35.
- Landscheidt, S., Kans, M., Winroth, M. (2017). Differences on automation practices in wooden single-family houses manufacturing : Four case studies. 23rd International Wood Machining Seminar Proceedings. 350-359.
- Landscheidt, S., Kans, M. (2016). Automation Practices in Wood Product Industries : Lessons learned, current Practices and Future Perspectives. The 7th Swedish Production Symposium SPS, 25-27 October, 2016, Lund, Sweden.
- Johansson, J., Blomqvist, L., Nilson, H., Landscheidt, S. (2016). Influencing factors to enable automation of wood furniture production. Proceedings of the 12th meeting of the Northern European Networkfor Wood Science and Engineering (WSE) : Wood science andengineering – a key factor on the transition to Bioeconomy. 208-213.
- Landscheidt, S., Kans, M. (2016). Method for Assessing the Total Cost of Ownership of Industrial Robots. 49th CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems, CIRP-CMS 2016, Commundo Tagungs Hotel Stuttgar,; Germany, 25 May 2016 through 27 May 2016. 746-751.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Landscheidt, S. (2016). Robotic Automation in Swedish Wood Product Industries. Presented at Young Researchers Challenge - Marcus Wallenberg Prize, 10-13 October, 2016, Stockholm, Sweden.