Stephen Amiandamhen is a postdoctoral research fellow at the Department of Forestry and Wood Technology. His area of specialization is wood products science and engineering.
Dr Amiandamhen currently works on eco-friendly biocomposite materials from recycled biomass and industrial waste streams. His research interests include biocomposites development, natural fibre modification, pulp and paper technology, fibre-inorganic binding systems and biomaterial waste valorization.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Foti, D., Adamopoulos, S., Voulgaridou, E., Voulgaridis, E., Passialis, C., et al. (2019). Microstructure and compressive strength of gypsum-bonded composites with papers, paperboards and Tetra Pak recycled materials. Journal of Wood Science. 65. 1-8.
- Alawode, A., Eselem-Bungu, P., Amiandamhen, S., Meincken, M., Tyhoda, L. (2019). Properties and characteristics of novel formaldehyde-free wood adhesives prepared from Irvingia gabonensis and Irvingia wombolu seed kernel extracts. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives. 95.
- Amiandamhen, S., Montecuccoli, Z., Meincken, M., Barbu, M., Tyhoda, L. (2018). Phosphate bonded wood composite products from invasive Acacia trees occurring on the Cape Coastal plains of South Africa. European Journal of Wood and Wood Products. 76. 437-444.
- Amiandamhen, S., Meincken, M., Tyhoda, L. (2018). The effect of chemical treatments of natural fibres on the properties of phosphate‑bonded composite products. Wood Science and Technology. 52. 653-675.
- Izekor, D., Amiandamhen, S. (2017). Utilization of fuelwood as household energy among residents of Benin metropolis, Edo State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Agriculture, Food and Environment. 13. 174-178.
- Amiandamhen, S., Meincken, M., Tyhoda, L. (2017). Calcium phosphate bonded wood and fiber composite panels : production and optimization of panel properties. Holzforschung. 71. 725-732.
- Izekor, D., Amiandamhen, S., Awenagbiku, E. (2016). Effect of taper and sawing methods on log conversion among selected sawmills in Edo State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Forestry. 46. 1-6.
- Amiandamhen, S., Meincken, M., Tyhoda, L. (2016). Magnesium based phosphate cement binder for composite panels: A response surface methodology for optimisation of processing variables in boards produced from agricultural and wood processing industrial residues. Industrial crops and products (Print). 94. 746-754.
- Amiandamhen, S., Izekor, D., Balogun, A. (2016). Performance characteristics of treated kenaf bast fibre reinforced cement composite. Journal of the Indian Academy of Wood Science. 13. 156-160.
- Amiandamhen, S., Izekor, D. (2015). Assessment of the physical and mechanical properties of treated Kenaf fibre cement composites. Ife Journal of Technology. 23. 14-17.
- Owofadeju, F., Amiandamhen, S. (2013). Effect of enzymatic treatments on strength properties of unbleached Kenaf bast pulp. Bioscience Research Journal. 25. 97-102.
- Amiandamhen, S., Izekor, D. (2013). Effect of wood particle geometry and pre-treatments on the strength and sorption properties of cement-bonded particle boards. Journal of Applied and Natural Science. 5. 318-322.
- Izekor, D., Amiandamhen, S. (2013). Combustion properties of briquettes produced from sawdust of three different indigenous wood species. Journal of Agriculture and Environment. 9. 107-111.
- Izekor, D., Amiandamhen, S., Agbarhoaga, S. (2013). Effects of geometric particle sizes of wood flour on strength and dimensional properties of wood plastic composites. Journal of Applied and Natural Science. 5. 194-199.
- Izekor, D., Amiandamhen, S. (2011). Comparative analysis on the trends in the volume of logs supplied to sawmills in Edo State, Nigeria. Journal of the Nigerian Society for Experimental Biology. 11. 257-263.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Amiandamhen, S., Meincken, M., Tyhoda, L. (2017). Phosphate bonded natural fibre composites. Forest Sector Innovations for a Greener Future, June 12-16, 2017.
- Amiandamhen, S., Meincken, M., Tyhoda, L. (2016). Effect of bark on the physical and mechanical properties of phosphate bonded wood composites of black wattle (Acacia mearnsii De Wild). Forest resource and Products: Moving toward a sustainable future, 59th International Convention of the Society of Wood Science and Technology, Curitiba, Brazil, March 6 -10, 2016. 165-173.
Article, review/survey (Refereed)
- Amiandamhen, S., Meincken, M., Tyhoda, L. (2019). Phosphate bonded natural fibre composites : a state of the art assessment. Applied Sciences. Springer.
- Amiandamhen, S. (2013). Technology and market opportunities in fiber cement composites for small scale enterprises in Nigeria. Global Journal of Agricultural Sciences. Global Journal Series. 12. 11-14.