I hold a Master degree in Biomathematics and have experience in dynamic modelling of biofuel production.
My research is focusing on life cycle perspective and systems optimization of the use of woody biomass for energy and material purposes to reduce primary energy use and net emission of greenhouse gases. Forest, or ultimately the land on which it is grown, is a limited resource that may be used so it gives the greatest possible benefits for society. One of the important benefits that forests can provide is mitigation of climate change. To design woody bioenergy and biomaterial strategies to maximize climate change mitigation, the complete energy and material chains from the forest land to the final services in the society have to be considered. For this, transparent and dynamic models has to build up to identify the time-dependent pattern of emissions reductions for alternative bioenergy sources.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Gustavsson, L., Haus, S., Lundblad, M., Lundström, A., Ortiz, C.A., et al. (2017). Climate change effects of forestry and substitution of carbon-intensive materials and fossil fuels. Renewable & sustainable energy reviews. 67. 612-624.
- Gustavsson, L., Haus, S., Ortiz, C.A., Sathre, R., Truong, N.L. (2015). Climate effects of bioenergy from forest residues in comparison to fossil energy. Applied Energy. 138. 36-50.
- Haus, S., Gustavsson, L., Sathre, R. (2014). Climate mitigation comparison of woody biomass systems with the inclusion of land-use in the reference fossil system. Biomass and Bioenergy. 65. 136-144.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Gustavsson, L., Haus, S., Ortiz, C., Sathre, R., Truong, N.L. (2014). Dynamic impacts of forest residues on primary energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. The 9th Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems - SDEWES. September 20 - 27, 2014, Venice-Istanbul.
- Haus, S., Gustavsson, L., Sathre, R. (2013). Greenhouse Gas Emission Comparison of Woody Biomass Systems with the Inclusion of Land-use in the Reference Fossil System. 21st European Biomass Conference & Exhibition, Copenhagen, June 3-7, 2013. 1794-1799.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Sathre, R., Gustavsson, L., Haus, S. (2013). Time Dynamics and Radiative Forcing of Forest Bioenergy Systems. Forest BioEnergy Production : Management, Carbon Sequestration and Adaptation. Springer. 185-206.