I teach research methods, statistics, psychometrics, educational psychology, and in courses of reading and writing difficulties, mainly on the psychologist program and the special teacher program
My research interests are in individual adjustments, assistive technology, reading and writing difficulties, disabilities, and method development for evidence-based interventions
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Nordström, T., Andersson, U.B., Fälth, L., Gustafson, S. (2019). Teacher inquiry of using assessments and recommendations in teaching early reading. Studies in Educational Evaluation. 63. 9-16.
- Fälth, L., Nordström, T., Andersson, U., Gustafson, S. (2019). Assessment Support as Part of Teacher Duties in the Subject of Swedish at the Elementary Level. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research. 18. 85-109.
- Nordström, T., Nilsson, S., Gustafson, S., Svensson, I. (2018). Assistive technology applications for students with reading difficulties : special education teacher’s experiences and perceptions. Disability and Rehabilitation : Assistive Technology.
- Nordström, T., Jacobson, C., Söderberg Juhlander, P. (2016). Early word decoding ability as a longitudinal predictor of academic performance. European Journal of Psychology of Education. 31. 175-191.
- Selart, M., Nordström, T., Kuuvas, B., Takemura, K. (2008). Effects of Reward on Self-regulation, Intrinsic Motivation and Creativity. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. 52. 439-458.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Svensson, I., Lindeblad, E., Nordström, T., Fälth, L. (2017). Short and long-term effects of using assistive technology for students with reading and writing disabilities in compulory secondary school. Language, Literacy and Learning Conference, Perth, Australia, March 30 - April 1, 2017, Perth, Australia.
- Nordström, T., Svensson, I., Lindeblad, E., Gustafson, S., Nilsson, S. (2016). Teachers' perceptions of reading apps for reading impaired students following a RCT study. Presented at the 5th All european dyslexia conference, Modena, Italy, 21-24 september, 2016.
- Nordström, T., Söderberg, P., Jacobson, C. (2013). Word decoding as a predictor of academic success – a longitudinal study. 4th All-European Dyslexia conference, Växjö, september 19-22, 2013.
- Jacobson, C., Nordström, T., Söderberg Juhlander, P., Fouganthine, A. (2012). Questionnaire results of the longitudinal study of reading development in Kronoberg, Sweden. Nineteenth Annual Meeting Society for the Scientific Study of Reading July 11-14, 2012 Montreal, Canada.
- Söderberg Juhlander, P., Jacobson, C., Nordström, T. (2012). Twenty years of reading development in Kronoberg : Consequenses of poor decoding ability in grade 2, concerning later decoding development and academic success. Nineteenth Annual Meeting, Society for the Scientific Study of Reading, 11-14 July 2012, Montreal, Canada.
Article in journal (Other academic)
- Nordström, T., Svensson, I. (2017). Response to intervention (RTI) och assisterande teknik. Dyslexi – aktuellt om läs- och skrivsvårigheter. 21-27.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Nordström, T. (2018). Measures that matter : Facilitating literacy through targeted instruction and assistive technology. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 78.
Other (Other academic)
- Fälth, L., Gustafson, S., Kugelberg, E., Nordström, T. (2017). LegiLexis formativa bedömningsverktyg - Testmanual.