Course Certificate

As a student you have the right to apply for a course certificate for any course you have passed at Linnaeus University.

The course certificates consists of the course’s scope, grading scale, your achieved grade and the date of the grading. They are regulated by local regulations. 
Local Regulations for courses and examinations First and Second Cycle Levels

The original course certificate is digital with a verifiable signature. The course certificate is bilingual (Swedish and English).
Course certificate example

Course certificates are issued for specific courses, with one certificate per course. If you want a degree certificate for a completed education you can Read more about degree application.

If you need a certificate for all of your results from your studies at Linnaeus University you can get an Official transcript of records.
Official transcript of records example

In order for a course certificate to be issued you have to have passed the course and the final grade for the course must be entered in Ladok. You can check to see if the final grade has been entered by logging on to My Ladok (direct link, where your results are presented.

Course certificates are not issued for transferred credits, however they are presented in an Official transcript of records. Course certificates are not issued for third-cycle courses, however you can have a certificate of course completion issued by the research secretary at the department/faculty to which the course belongs.

You apply for a course certificate by either filling out the form below or e-mailing your name, personal identification number and your course code and course title to

Apply for course certificate

GDPR is an EU directive that aims to protect individuals' personal integrity from being violated when personal data are being processed. Linnaeus University is responsible for personal data; that is to say, responsible for the processing of the personal data you send us through this form.

The information we ask you to submit is needed to ensure that the correct course certificate is issued to the right person. The information will only be registered and saved for the purpose of e-archiving.

You have the right to request correction of incorrect data, and to request a register excerpt of what personal data are registered. To do this, you contact the personal data ombudsman at Linnaeus University,

More information on how personal data is processed at Linnaeus University.