Linnaeus University in Kalmar and Växjö, Sweden offers an internship as an administrative assistant at the Office of External Relations. The internship is full time, 40 hours per week, some time between February and June 2023. The internship can be anything from 3-5 months but should include the month of May. Time for writing a report and relay information about activities back to the home university is included in the time allocated for the traineeship.
The Office of External Relations is a unit within the central administration, that gathers professional support within innovation, collaboration with society, internationalisation, and external funding. The internship will primarily focus on working with the team International Relations.
The main assignment is to assist in preparation of Linnaeus University International Staff Training Week, where we invite colleagues from our partner universities. The working language is English. Tasks include update the Visitor's Guide, manage e-mail correspondence and applications, letters of invitation, compile various lists, arrange job shadowing meetings between the participants and members of staff at Linnaeus University, manage social media, and assist with practical details before, during and after the event.
Another main assignment is to work with the European University alliance EUniWell, mainly focusing on student communication and student engagement as well as arranging EUniWell events targeted towards students.
The trainee will also assist in general administrative tasks at the office, also in collaboration with other parts of the university, such as the International Office.
Benefits: The traineeship is an unpaid position, but the candidate will receive paid accommodation during the traineeship period, arranged by Linnaeus University.
Skills: communication skills (incl. social media), administrative skills, cooperation skills, project management skills
- Students must be registered as a student at a EUniWell partner university as well as being enrolled in studies leading to a recognized degree or be a recent graduate from a recognized degree.
- The traineeship should be professionally relevant to your on-going or recently completed studies (bachelor or master)
- English: Proficient User C1
- An endorsement from the home university, stating that you will be allocated an Erasmus+ grant for the traineeship position (not applicable for students from University of Birmingham, students from Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv may receive an Erasmus+ student mobility grant from Linnaeus University).
- A CV and a Motivation Letter
The deadline to apply is December 12th 2022. Applications are to be sent to email@example.com
 University of Birmingham, University of Cologne, University of Florence, University of Nantes, University of Murcia, Semmelweis University, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, or University of Konstanz