I am an Assistant Professor (Universitetslektor in Sweden and Senior Lecturer in UK) in the Department of Computer Science and Media Technology at the Linnaeus University in Kalmar, Sweden.
Before joining Linnaeus University, until October 2018, I worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Ryerson University with Dr. Ayse Bener as a team member of her Data Science Laboratory (DSL) with an IBM CAS project on applying Machine Learning techniques in prioritizing test cases in the context of software development and testing. Previously, I was working as a Research Scientist with a focus on the Big Data and Machine Learning at the Screaming Power Inc. I also worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Concordia University in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) under the supervision of Dr. Ferhat Khendek (Concordia) and Dr. Maria Toeroe (Ericsson Canada Inc, Montreal). I was a member of MAGIC team at Concordia/Ericsson.
In August 2015, I had PhD from Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Canada under the supervision of Dr. Naouel Moha and Dr. Yann-Gaël Guéhéneuc. My main research interests included Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Antipatterns and Quality of Service (QoS) for Service-based Systems (SBSs). I was a member of Ptidej Team and LATECE Lab.
Further information is available on my Web site http://francis-palma.net or on my LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/francis-palma/
I teach the following course(s) at the Linnaeus University:
- 2DV603 - Software Engineering - Design
My research interests include (but not limited to):
- Software Engineering (SE)
- Patterns and Antipatterns in SOAP Web service and RESTful APIs
- Source Code Analysis and Natural Language Processing
- Software Maintenance and Evolution
- Software Architectural Quality
- Requirements Engineering (RE)
- Search-based Software Engineering (SBSE)
- Machine Learning
Artikel i tidskrift (Refereegranskat)
- Palma, F., Gonzalez-Huerta, J., Founi, M., Moha, N., Tremblay, G., et al. (2017). Semantic analysis of RESTful APIs for the detection of linguistic patterns and antipatterns. International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems. 26. 1-37.
Artikel, forskningöversikt (Refereegranskat)
- Sabir, F., Palma, F., Rasool, G., Gueheneuc, Y., Moha, N. (2019). A systematic literature review on the detection of smells and their evolution in object-oriented and service-oriented systems. Software, practice & experience. Wiley-Blackwell. 49. 3-39.