I am an Assistant Professor of Marketing/Senior Lecturer and teach courses in Sensory Marketing, Digital Marketing, Scientific Methods, and Bachelor theses.
My research interests include Consumer Information Processing and Decision Making, Branding, and Sensory Marketing.
Selected academic honors/awards include:
- Finalist, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science Best Paper Award, 2019.
- Award for Best Paper in “Food and Health” Track at the AMA Winter Conference, New Orleans, 2018.
I serve as a member of the Editorial Review Board of Journal of Business Research and Journal of Consumer Marketing.
My research has been extensively covered in the media, especially our article in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science that received coverage by more than 100 media outlets, including New York Times, Washington Post, Newsweek, and Fox.
I have extensive experience of industry research collaborations (e.g., Beiersdorf AG in Hamburg, marketer and producer of Nivea, and ICA, the leading food retail chain in Sweden). I have presented my research at a variety of universities and organizations, including presentations for executives at IKEA, Beiersdorf AG, ICA, and the Swedish Marketing Confederation.
Artikel i tidskrift (Refereegranskat)
Biswas, D., Lund, K., Szocs, C. (2019). Sounds like a Healthy Retail Atmospheric Strategy: Effects of Ambient Music and Noise on Food Sales. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. 47 (1). 37-55.
- Abell, A., Lund, K. (2023). How Can a Product Display Lead to Healthier Choices? : Horizontal and Vertical Organization of Foods and Beverages. Society for Consumer Psychology Annual Conference 2023, San Juan, Puerto Rico, March 2-4.
- Abell, A., Lund, K., Biswas, D. (2022). Can a Complement-Based Organization Lead to Healthier Choices? : Horizontal and Vertical Display of Foods and Beverages. AMA Winter AcademicConference 2022 : Reconnecting and Reconceiving theMarketplace. 224-227.
- Biswas, D., Lund, K., Szocs, C. (2018). Effects of retail ambient music volume levels on food purchases : implications for retail atmospheric strategies and consumer wellbeing. 2018 AMA Winter Academic Conference: Integrating Paradigms in a World Where Marketing Is Everywhere, February 23-25, 2018, New Orleans, LA : proceedings. C-2-C-2.
- Biswas, D., Lund, K., Szocs, C. (2018). The effects of retail ambient music and noise on food purchases : an abstract. Boundary Blurred: A Seamless Customer Experience in Virtual and Real Spaces. AMSAC 2018 : Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science. 83-83.
- Lueth, A.K., Lund, K., Biswas, D. (2017). How food-related scents influence consumers' choices for fresh products. .
- Biswas, D., Lund, K., Szocs, C. (2016). Ambient Music and Food Choices : Can Music Volume Level Nudge Healthier Choices?. NA – Advances in Consumer Research, Volume 44. 53-54.
- Lund, K. (2016). Change in Meaning of Brand Personality Characteristics : An Advertising Analysis. Creating Marketing Magic and Innovative Future Marketing Trends, Proceedings of 2016 Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference. 203-203.
- Lund, K. (2014). Change in meaning of brand personality characteristics. ANZMAC Annual Conference 2014 : proceedings. 192-192.
- Lund, K. (2013). Transfer of brand associations over time : the brand extension of Nivea. .
Konferensbidrag (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Lund, K. (2014). Brand personality vs retail brand personality : an action figure or the customer in the store?. .
- Anderson, H., Berndt, A., Lund, K. (2013). Animals and brand association in advertising. NFF 2013 : On Practice and Knowledge Eruptions. ISSN 2298-3112.
Doktorsavhandling, monografi (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Lund, K. (2012). Transfer of brand associations over time : the brand extension of Nivea. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Kalmar, Linnaeus University Press. 189.