My research is focused on the way heritage is involved in the process of remembering, meaning making, and construction of identity today.
Drawing upon the mobilities turn, the affect theory and the 2005 Faro Convention's notion of heritage communities, my current post-doc research project explores how globalization is affecting current uses and meanings of cultural heritage. As case study, I analyze a particular kind of multiple/onward migrant, the global nomads or 'Third Culture Kids', defined by those affected by a cross-cultural life experience due to several internationational relocations during childhood.
Educated in Barcelona (PhD. in Prehistory Archaeology, UAB) and in London (MA in Public Archaeology, UCL), I have combined an academic research career in The Netherlands and Spain, with a professional career in cultural heritage management in Spain and Italy, including in both paths several European projects. In the field of heritage management, I work on the management of urban archaeological sites and the politics of identity in archaeology, especially in relation to religious and community groups. As archaeologist I worked on gender and material culture, chaîne opératoire and pottery technology, and cultural landscapes.
Affiliated member of the Lnu's Centre for Applied Heritage
2015-2017 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Post-doc Research Fellow. Research project "Cross-cultural heritage. Understanding cultural heritage in a globalized world" (Grant Agreement number: 658760-ATCK-HER — H2020-MSCA-IF-2014).
Artikel i tidskrift (Refereegranskat)
- Colomer, L. (2017). Heritage on the move : Cross-cultural heritage as a response to globalisation, mobilities and multiple migrations. International Journal of Heritage Studies (IJHS). 23. 913-927.
- Colomer, L. (2014). The politics of human remains in managing archaeological medieval Jewish burial grounds in Europe. Nordisk kulturpolitisk tidskrift. 17. 168-186.
- Colomer, L. (2010). Approaching Montjuïc as part of the historic legacy of Barcelona. Museum International. 62. 81-85.
Artikel i tidskrift (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Colomer, L. (2013). Managing the heritage of immigrants : eldery refugees, homesickness, and cultural identities. The European Archaeologist. 17-22.
- Colomer, L. (2012). Archaeological heritage management and the post-Valetta scenario in The Netherlands. Heritage & Society. 5. 125-131.
Kapitel i bok, del av antologi (Refereegranskat)
Kapitel i bok, del av antologi (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Colomer, L. (2013). The archaeology of ancient Jewish burial grounds : between the demands of religion and the res publica. Archaeological intervention on historical necropolises : Jewish cemeteries. Barcelona, Museu d'Història de Barcelona, Ajuntament de Barcelona. 335-345.
Samlingsverk (redaktörskap) (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Colomer, L. (2013). Archaeological intervention on historical necropolises : Jewish cemeteries. Barcelona, Museu d'Història de Barcelona, Ajuntament de Barcelona. 443.
Artikel, recension (Refereegranskat)
- Colomer, L. (2016). Book Review. Museums, Migration and Identity in Europe. Peoples, Places and Identities, edited by Christopher Whitehead, Susannah Eckersley, Katherine Lloyd, and Rhiannon Mason (eds.) 2015 . Ashgate, Surrey. International Journal of Heritage Studies (IJHS). 22. 863-866.