Ph.D. student at Informatics, direction Info Security processes, including EU GDPR, see research below.
CV: Retired Info Security Architect, Tieto Sweden, former Info Security Officer, General Motors Europe, and Saab Automobile, former Technical Infrastructure Officer, Pka.dk, and former CIO, Greenland School of Commerce as well as a member of Greenland Home Rule IT Board. Also been CS teacher in community college settings 1985-87 and 1990-1993.
Have in the 1980.ies and 1990:ies been teaching Operation Systems (Unix/VMS/OS360/AS400), IT Communication (pre-Internet) as well as Internet, Info Security and Database operations.
2017 - company EU GDPR trainer
Looking at the effects of GDPR as a driver to improve system efficiency and info security in today's public and commercial organizations.
Primarily two areas of research;
a. improving and securing IT environments via the use of GDPR Data Mapping article, improve security via an understanding of the real data flows.
b. How GDPR affect smaller organizations, like local social initiatives or activist/NGO groups, lacking competence, but handling critical personal data.
In the end, both areas need to merge, forcing a strengthening of IS management and info security around GDPR affected personal data.
Artikel i tidskrift (Refereegranskat)
- Magnusson, L., Iqbal, S. (2018). Implications of EU-GDPR in Low-Grade Social, Activist and NGO Settings. International Journal of Business and Technology. 6. 1-7.
- Magnusson, L., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2018). Towards secure data flow oriented multi-vendor IT governance models. International Journal of Business and Technology. 6. 1-9.
- Magnusson, L. (2012). A New Authentication Paradigm?. ISC2 InfoSecurity Professional Magazine. 3. 24-24.
- Iqbal, S., Magnusson, L. (2019). Searching for A Governance Model to Secure the Data Flow in Organizations : an Indispensable Discussion. UBT International Conference.
- Magnusson, L., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2019). On System Thinking and Information Security. The OR Society Annual Conference OR61, 3-5 September 2019, Sibson Building, Kent University : Conference Handbook. 161-162.
- Magnusson, L., Iqbal, S. (2017). Implications of EU-GDPR in Low-Grade Social, Activist and NGO Settings. Proceedings 6th UBT annual international conference, 27-29 ocktober, Durrës, Albania : International Conference on Computer Science and Communication Engineering & Information Systems and Security. 91-97.
- Magnusson, L., Elm, P., Mirijamdotter, A. (2017). Towards Secure Data Flow Oriented Multi-Vendor IT Governance Models. UBT 6th Annual International Conference 2017 : Leadership and Innovation. 163-163.
Artikel i tidskrift (Övrigt (populärvetenskap, debatt))
- Magnusson, L. (2013). HR Access : a key to better InfoSecurity. ISC2 InfoSecurity Professional Magazine. 4. 23-23.
- Magnusson, L. (2011). A Call for Best-Practice Framework. ISC2 InfoSecurity Professional Magazine. 2. 32-32.
- Magnusson, L. (1997). Customizing Sendmail. Sys Admin Magazine - The Journal for UNIX Systems Administrators. 7. 61.
- Magnusson, L. (1996). Local News : Exploring Web-based Threaded Discussion Server Functionality. Sys Admin Magazine - The Journal for UNIX Systems Administrators. 5.
- Magnusson, L. (1995). An Internal Gate for a Local Email System. Sys Admin Magazine - The Journal for UNIX Systems Administrators. V4.