I am assistant professor (lektor) in the Department of Didactics and Teacher practice at the Faculty of Education in Växjö. I teach a broad spectrum of courses at the elementary school level, with a special focus on the education of school-age educare (Fritidshem) teachers. My work additionally includes collaboration with schools in Sweden as part of the school improvement program Samverkan för Bästa Skola initiative that Linnaeus University carries out in conjunction with the Swedish National Agency of Education.
My research centers on teacher professional learning and how teachers gain new knowledge and integrate it into their daily practice. My Ph.D. thesis, Teacher to Learner and Back Again: A Narrative Inquiry into Teacher Voice in Professional Learning, investigates how experienced teachers in Ontario, Canada use their personal and professional knowledge to define what they consider to be personal, purposeful and relevant professional learning. Other research areas of interest include knowledge construction and leadership within schools.
Artikel i tidskrift (Refereegranskat)
- Glaés-Coutts, L., Nilsson, H. (2021). Who owns the knowledge? : Knowledge construction as part of the school improvement process. Improving Schools. 24. 62-75.
- Glaés-Coutts, L. (2020). University-Supported Networks as Professional Development for Teachers in School-Age Educare. International Journal for Research on Extended Education. 8. 66-79.
- Glaés-Coutts, L. (2019). Finding their flock : professional learning for experienced teachers. European Journal of Curriculum Studies. 5. 834-852.
- Stagg Peterson, S., Mcintyre, L.J., Glaés-Coutts, L. (2018). Collaborative action research in Northern Canadian rural and Indigenous schools : learning about young children’s oral language in play contexts. Educational action research. 26. 787-802.
Konferensbidrag (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Glaés-Coutts, L. (2019). Curriculum, professional learning and experienced teachers.. .
- Nilsson, H., Glaés-Coutts, L. (2018). Who owns the knowledge? Implementing research- based policy in a time of accountability. .
- Glaés-Coutts, L., Stagg Peterson, S. (2017). Collaborative action research in Northern Canadian rural and Indigenous schools. .
- Glaés-Coutts, L., Aalbers, W., Chen, Y., Kooy, M. (2014). Transforming Pedagogical Knowledge and Praxis from theGround Up: Sustained Teacher Learning in a Multi-modal,Social Context. .
Doktorsavhandling, monografi (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Glaés-Coutts, L. (2018). Teacher to learner and back again : a narrative inquiry into teacher voice in professional learning. Doctoral Thesis. University of Toronto Press.