Lina Lindell holds a PhD in Environmental Sciences and a MSc in Aquatic and Environmental Engineering. She has over ten years of experience form working with applied hydrochemistry, applied geochemistry and environmental psychology in the Amazon basin. Focus of her work has been to explore the effects on the environment caused by deforestation and its consequences on the life quality of the rural population of farmers. She has also contributed to documentation of the cultural and natural heritage of the upper Amazon in a collaboration with the Chicago field museum, USA.
Currently Dr. Lindell is engaged in developing and leading projects granted by the European Union (Interreg programme) where the state of Wellbeing and Sustainability in tourism along the coastline of the South Baltic are in focus. The active projects are "Wellbeing Tourism in the South Baltic Region – Guidelines for Good Practices & Promotion" (SB WELL) and "Circular economy tools to support innovation in green and blue tourism SMEs (CIRTOINNO)." For the latter, visit offical website www.cirtoinno.eu. Website for SB WELL is coming soon. Previous associated project of databese over beaches in Skåne county and the island of Öland in Kalmar county: www.loveforbeaches.com.
Chair of Steering committee SB WELL (Wellbeing Tourism in the South Baltic Region – Guidelines for Good Practices & Promotion)
Member of Steering committee CIRTOINNO (Circular economy tools to support innovation in green and blue tourism SMEs)
Kapitel i bok, del av antologi (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
Doktorsavhandling, sammanläggning (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Lindell, L. (2011). Environmental Effects of Agricultural Expansion in the Upper Amazon : A study of river basin geochemistry and hydrochemistry, and farmers' perceptions. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Kalmar, Linnaeus University Press. 92.
Artikel i tidskrift (Refereegranskat)
- Lindell, L., Henningsson, M., Marquardt, K., Åström, M.E. (2014). Farmers´(local and colonists) perceptions of environmental changes in the forest frontier of the upper Amazon, Peru. International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology. 10. 394-418.
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Öberg, T. (2010). Land-use change versus natural controls on stream water chemistry in the Subandean Amazon, Peru. Applied Geochemistry. 25. 485-495.
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Öberg, T. (2010). Land-use versus natural controls on soil fertility in the Subandean Amazon, Peru.. Science of the Total Environment. 408. 965-975.
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Sarenbo, S. (2010). Effects of forest slash and burn on the distribution of trace elements in floodplain sediments and mountain soils of the Subandean Amazon, Peru. Applied Geochemistry. 25. 1097-1106.
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Öberg, T. (2009). Effects of land use change vs natural control on stream water chemistry in the subandean Amazon, Peru.. Proceedings of XII Brazilian Congress on Geochemistry and VIII International Symposium on Environmental Geochemistry. Oct 18-22, Ouro Preto, Brazil..
- Lindell, L., Åström, M. (2008). Los Efectos de la Agricultura de Tala y Quema sobre la Fertilidad de los Suelos de la Amazonia Subandina, Perú. .