Currently Dr. Lindell is engaged in developing and leading projects granted by the European Union (Interreg programme) where the state of Wellbeing and Sustainability in tourism along the coastline of the South Baltic are in focus. The active projects are "Wellbeing Tourism in the South Baltic Region – Guidelines for Good Practices & Promotion" (SB WELL), and "Time Machine" on "Innovative communication of sacred places for attractive tourism in the Baltic region". Recently finalized is "Circular economy tools to support innovation in green and blue tourism SMEs (CIRTOINNO)."
Lina Lindell holds a PhD in Environmental Sciences incl. Env. Psychology, and a MSc in Aquatic and Environmental Engineering. She has over ten years of experience from working with applied hydrochemistry, applied geochemistry and environmental psychology in the Amazon basin. Focus of her work has been to explore the effects on the environment caused by deforestation and its consequences on the life quality of the rural population of farmers. She has also contributed to documentation of the cultural and natural heritage of the upper Amazon in a collaboration with the Chicago field museum, USA.
Chair of Steering committee SB WELL (Wellbeing Tourism in the South Baltic Region – Guidelines for Good Practices & Promotion) 2018-ongoing
Chair of Steering committee TM (Innovative communication of sacred places for attractive tourism in the Baltic region) 2020-ongoing
Advisor for BLUEfasma (Empowering innovation capacity of SMEs, maritime clusters and networks in MED islands and coastal areas to support blue circular economy growth in fishing/aquaculture and coastal/maritime tourism) 2019-ongoing
Member of Steering committee CIRTOINNO (Circular economy tools to support innovation in green and blue tourism SMEs) 2016-2019
Artikel i tidskrift (Refereegranskat)
- Lindell, L., Henningsson, M., Marquardt, K., Åström, M.E. (2014). Farmers´(local and colonists) perceptions of environmental changes in the forest frontier of the upper Amazon, Peru. International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology. 10. 394-418.
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Öberg, T. (2010). Land-use change versus natural controls on stream water chemistry in the Subandean Amazon, Peru. Applied Geochemistry. 25. 485-495.
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Öberg, T. (2010). Land-use versus natural controls on soil fertility in the Subandean Amazon, Peru.. Science of the Total Environment. 408. 965-975.
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Sarenbo, S. (2010). Effects of forest slash and burn on the distribution of trace elements in floodplain sediments and mountain soils of the Subandean Amazon, Peru. Applied Geochemistry. 25. 1097-1106.
- Lindell, L., Åström, M.E., Öberg, T. (2009). Effects of land use change vs natural control on stream water chemistry in the subandean Amazon, Peru.. Proceedings of XII Brazilian Congress on Geochemistry and VIII International Symposium on Environmental Geochemistry. Oct 18-22, Ouro Preto, Brazil..
- Lindell, L., Åström, M. (2008). Los Efectos de la Agricultura de Tala y Quema sobre la Fertilidad de los Suelos de la Amazonia Subandina, Perú. .
Kapitel i bok, del av antologi (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
Rapport (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Lindell, L., Dziadkiewicz, A., Sattari, S., Misiune, I., Pereira, P., et al. (2019). Wellbeing tourism and its potential in case regions of the South Baltic : Lithuania – Poland – Sweden. Linnaeus University. 39.
- Lindell, L., Dziadkiewicz, A., Sattari, S., Dmitrzak, M., Kulczycka, J., et al. (2019). Journey to the destination: a circular tourism economy : a training program for the hospitality industry to facilitate a transition towards increased circularity in the South Baltic Region. Växjö/Kalmar, Linnaeus University. 485.
Doktorsavhandling, sammanläggning (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Lindell, L. (2011). Environmental Effects of Agricultural Expansion in the Upper Amazon : A study of river basin geochemistry and hydrochemistry, and farmers' perceptions. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Kalmar, Linnaeus University Press. 92.
Bok (Övrigt (populärvetenskap, debatt))
- Manniche, J., Topsø Larsen, K., Brandt Broegaard, R., Holland, E., Dziadkiewicz, A., et al. (2017). Destination: A circular tourism economy : a handbook for transitioning toward a circular economy within the tourism and hospitality sectors in the South Baltic Region. Denmark, Centre for Regional and Tourism Research.