Dr. Mariana Dalarsson is a researcher and teacher in Physics and Electromagnetic Theory, at the Department of Physics and Electrical Engineering at Linnaeus University.
Marianas research interests include electromagnetic scattering and absorption, inverse problems, electromagnetics of stratified media, double-negative metamaterials, mathematical physics, etc. She is the author of about 45 peer-reviewed publications, including 20 journal papers.
Mariana is a teacher in the course 0FY100 (Physics, preparatory course I) for the Technical preparatory education programme (swedish: "Tekniskt basår"). Mariana also teaches in PhD courses on electromagnetic theory and special functions.
In 2011, Mariana received the Honorary Grant ("Honnörsstipendiet") given to the best graduate of the year of her programme at KTH. She is also the (shared) second youngest woman ever to receive a PhD degree from KTH. Last but not least, for her teaching efforts in electromagnetic theory at KTH, she was awarded a pedagogical prize from the Engineering Physics students in 2015.
Artikel i tidskrift (Refereegranskat)
- Dalarsson, M. (2017). General theory of wave propagation through graded interfaces between positive- and negative-refractive-index media. Physical Review A: covering atomic, molecular, and optical physics and quantum information. 96.
- Nordebo, S., Dalarsson, M., Ivanenko, Y., Sjöberg, D., Bayford, R. (2017). On the physical limitations for radio frequency absorption in gold nanoparticle suspensions. Journal of Physics D : Applied Physics. 50.
- Dalarsson, M., Mittra, R. (2017). Exact analytical solutions of continuously graded models of flat lenses based on transformation optics. Facta Universitatis Series : Electronics and Energetics. 30. 639-646.
- Dalarsson, M., Nordebo, S., Sjöberg, D., Bayford, R. (2017). Absorption and optimal plasmonic resonances for small ellipsoidal particles in lossy media. Journal of Physics D : Applied Physics. 50.
- Norgren, M., de Saracho, I.O., Dalarsson, M. (2018). Perturbation Approach to Shape Reconstruction in a Rectangular Waveguide using Experimental Data. 2018 International Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Symposium (ACES).
- Dalarsson, M., Jaksic, Z. (2017). Phase Integral Approach to Wave Propagation in Continuously Graded Models of Flat Lenses. 2017 13th International Conference on Advanced Technologies, Systems and Services in Telecommunications (TELSIKS). 38-41.