I teach courses of media relations and intermediality at Lnu.
My main research interest is to look at narratives of migration across different media and to study the intersections between intercultural communication and intermediality. I have a specific focus on comics and adaptation.
Mina avslutade forskningsprojekt
Doktorsavhandling, monografi (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Mousavi, N. (2021). The Art of Repeating Oneself : Migratory self-adaptation: media transformation and authorship in Persepolis and The Patience Stone. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 180.
Kapitel i bok, del av antologi (Refereegranskat)
- Arvidson, M., Askander, M., Borcak, L.W., Jensen, S.K., Mousavi, N. (2022). Intermedial combinations. Intermedial Studies : An Introduction to Meaning Across Media. London, Routledge. 106-137.
- Jensen, S.K., Mousavi, N., Tornborg, E. (2022). Intermediality and social media. Intermedial Studies : An Introduction to Meaning Across Media. London, Routledge. 282-308.
Kapitel i bok, del av antologi (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Mousavi, N. (2021). Your Language Escapes Me! : Multimodality of a Migrant Life. Translation and the Global City : Bridges and Gateways. New York, Routledge. 206-221.
- Mousavi, N. (2019). A story to walk into : Pamuk’s Novel-Museum of Innocence, a world-making adaptation. The NECS 2019 Conference : Structures and Voices: Storytelling in Post-Digital Times, 13–15 June 2019, University of Gdańsk.
- Mousavi, N. (2019). The self, the word and the image : intermingled performance of autobiographicality, translingualism and intermediality in Marjane Satrapi’s graphic novels. Across Languages: Translingualism in Contemporary Women’s Writing : Thursday, 30 May – Friday, 31 May 2019, University of London. 9-10.
- Mousavi, N. (2019). Adaptation in migration cinema and renegotiation of authorship. Association of Adaptation Studies Annual Conference 2019 : Adaptation and Modernisms: Establishing and Dismantling Borders in Adaptation Practice and Theory.
- Mousavi, N. (2018). Migrant agency in repetition : Satrapi and the transmedia self. The NECS 2018 Conference: Media tactics and engagement : Amsterdam, Netherlands, June 27-29, 2018.
- Mousavi, N. (2018). Transmediation and migration in dialogue : displacement, hybridity and the question of media in migration cinema. XVI MAGIS – International Film Studies Spring School at the Edge of Nobody’s Empire: Media, Politics, and Representations : Gorizia, March 3rd – 7th.
- Mousavi, N. (2018). Retelling one’s story across media : migratory self-adaptation and instantiations of the migrant selves in works of Marjane Satrapi and Atiq Rahimi. 2018 International Conference on Narrative : April 18 - 22, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.