I received my PhD from the University of Gothenburg, 2009, with the dissertation “Strength training for physical performance and injury prevention in sports -Individualised and supervised training for female athletes”. My current research area is on traumatic knee injury in young female athletes. My research focuses on modifiable factors, such as the role of leg muscle strength on neuromuscular control strategies, and risk of traumatic knee injury in sports with regards to gender disparity.
Teaching at the sports science program.
PhD, Associate Professor of Sports Science with special research interest in sports medicine and risk factors for injuries in youth female athletes.
Artikel i tidskrift (Refereegranskat)
- Ryman Augustsson, S., Arvidsson, J., Haglund, E. (2019). Jump height as performance indicator for the selection of youth football players to national teams. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness. 59. 1669-1675.
- Ryman Augustsson, S., Frodi-Lundgren, A., Svantesson, U. (2018). Elbow strength profiles and performance level in Swedish climbers. HSOA Journal of Physical Medicine Rehabilitation & Disabilities. 4. 1-7.
- Ryman Augustsson, S., Tranberg, R., Zugner, R., Augustsson, J. (2018). Vertical drop jump landing depth influences knee kinematics in female recreational athletes. Physical Therapy in Sport. 33. 133-138.
- Ryman Augustsson, S., Ageberg, E. (2017). Weaker lower extremity muscle strength predicts traumatic knee injury in youth female but not male athletes. BMJ Open Sport & Exercise Medicine. 3. 1-8.
- Beischer, S., Ryman Augustsson, S. (2016). Lower extremity injuries in young floorball players : A prospective study on overuse injuries. The Open Sports Sciences Journal. 9. 135-142.
- Svantesson, U., Ryman Augustsson, S., Stibrant Sunnerhagen, K. (2014). Muscle strength and stiffness of the calf muscle in healthy subjects of different ages. Gazzetta Medica Italiana. 173. 13-20.
- Ryman Augustsson, S. (2013). Maximum Strength in Squats Determines Jumping Height in Young Female Volleyball Players.. The Open Sports Science Journal. 6. 41-46.
- Ryman Augustsson, S., Augustsson, J., Thomeé, R., Karlsson, J., Eriksson, B., et al. (2011). Performance Enhancement Following a Strength and Injury Prevention Program : A 26-Week Individualized and Supervised Intervention in Adolescent Female Volleyball Players. International journal of sports science & coaching. 6. 399-417.
- Ryman Augustsson, S., Willén, C. (2011). Athletes' Experience of an Individualised, Supervised Strength-Training Programme. The Open Sports Sciences Journal. 4. 14-21.
Bok (Övrigt vetenskapligt)
- Augustsson, J., Ryman Augustsson, S., Thomeé, R., Karlsson, J. (2019). Styrketräning för idrott, motion och rehabilitering. Stockholm, SISU Idrottsböcker.